We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chengdu - Jiuzhaigou - Xi'an

Which Chengdu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
A N
Bangkok, Thailand
3 posts
Save Topic
Chengdu - Jiuzhaigou - Xi'an

Hey I wanna see these 3 cities/areas but I have no clue how to get there from Chengdu. I guess it's not the best by bus, I can't find trains and there seem to be no planes flying.

Next question: will Jiuzhaigou be safe? I am in Nanning at the moment and trains are being cancelled due the typhoon.. Is it ok to be in THAT mountain area while a typhoon is going on?

Thanks a lot for your help. Been in china for 10 days now and I'm totally loving it, but at this point I am a bit clueless.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chengdu - Jiuzhaigou - Xi'an

Jiuzhaigou is far from sea,hence no typhoon.There are flights connecting Chengdu and Jiuzhaiguo,Jiuzhaigou and Xi'an.There is no railway in that area.Therefore,you can travel either with plane or bus.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
522 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chengdu - Jiuzhaigou - Xi'an

Chengdu - Jiuzhaigou , only airplanes and bus.

Railways, the end of next year , probably .

Jiuzhaigou , very safe. Many tourists.

Chengdu - Jiuzhaigou , 430 km .

Chengdu - Huanglong , 380 km .

3. Re: Chengdu - Jiuzhaigou - Xi'an

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 06:15