We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Karakul Lake 23-24 September

Madrid, Spain
2 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Karakul Lake 23-24 September

Some friends and I are planning to go to Karakul Lake on September 23-24 and stay in a yurt. Does anybody knows the temperatures/weather that usually have this area in that time of the year? Thanks

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Karakul Lake 23-24 September

Hi there i can help you with that as i was there at almost exactly that time of year last year. We had a glorious sunny day and the temperature was about 22.23. Of course it drops drastically at night as it is at high altitude so if you are staying overnight make sure you have warm clothing. I went on a day trip so dont know about yurts. There were a few scattered around the lake but I didnt see many people. Do take into account that you will need a permit to visit this area. There were mixed reports from people who were staying at my hostel in kashgar. One or two got past the border patrol (and there is a border here where you will have to show your passport and show them you have the permit) but generally people are turned back. If you want to know more about it then head to the Seman hotel which is where you will find Abdul wahad tours. This guy is superb and will be able to answer or help you with any permits or trips.

good luck

angie

www.angietravels.com

Madrid, Spain
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Karakul Lake 23-24 September

Angie, thanks a lot for the information and the tips about the permit, we have no idea about it! By the way, I love your blogg

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Karakul Lake 23-24 September

Hi Martha - Glad to help and thanks for the compliment. Its a stunning place and worth the effort to go there. If you go on a tour then they will take care of the permit. The area is considered sensitive due to its proximity to so many borders, At least thats what I read somewhere.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
522 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Karakul Lake 23-24 September

Yes, go to the lobby of Seman hotel and look for Mr Abdul Wahab. He will arrange everything for you.

5. Re: Weather in Karakul Lake 23-24 September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 10:16