We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kunming to Shangrila to Lijiang

Which Yunnan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
158 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Kunming to Shangrila to Lijiang

Hi everyone!

1.I intend to visit Shangrila after Kunming and before Lijiang. I intend to take a plane to Shangrila to save time.What website are there for me to book this domestic plane ticket?

2.Where can I book bus ticket from Shangrila to Lijiang?

3.Are there any recommended accomodation in ShangriLa?How about tour services as well?

4.I like to visit Baishuitai.Not sure if it can be done in a day trip embarking from Shangrila.Can it be done?

Hope to receive any suggestions from you guys!

Thank you in advance!

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kunming to Shangrila to Lijiang

1. www.travelzen.com www.ctrip.com www.elong.net

Book a few days before departure for the cheapest fares.

2. The bus station in Shangrila

3. Dragon Cloud Guest House is fine. I used local transport or you can hire a taxi for half a day or a day.

4. Not sure

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kunming to Shangrila to Lijiang

You can also catch an overnight sleeper bus from Kunming to Shangri La. Fairly comfortable and cheaper than the flight. In a way saves time as you are travelling when you would be sleeping.

Lijiang,Yunnan
Level Contributor
296 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kunming to Shangrila to Lijiang

if you like to visit Shangri-La, I am not sure whether you concerned about the altitute, if you do. I think it's better to visit Lijiang first, then up to shangri-La. Lijiang is much lower than Shangri-La;

For bus tickets, you can just go bus station to by the tickets day before or half day before will be enough, there are many buses between Lijiang and Shangri-La

There are many very nice guesthouse: Collectors Views Inn. you can get the tour services from some bars;

if you like to visit Baishui, I think if you have time best way is: from Shangri-La by bus to Baishui tai to visit, then walking(1~2hours) or by local min.bus(40minutes) to Haba village to stay will be great experience. After the Haba village, you can by bus to tiger Leaping to visit---Lijiang(if you do like this, after Baishui tai you needn't back to Shangri-La, you also can get very nice views!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kunming to Shangrila to Lijiang

2) At the long-distance bus station. Buy when you arrive, or before you leave.

4) Yes. However we stayed the night, continued to Tiger Leaping Gorge from there and subsequently onwards to Lijiang.

5. Re: Kunming to Shangrila to Lijiang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 18:18