We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meili snow mountain/lijiang

Which Yunnan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
hong kong
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Meili snow mountain/lijiang

I am trying to figure out my itinerary for my 6 days in Yunnan at the end of April over Easter.

A few questions for people who have done it/live there

I am a single woman traveler...

I get a bit confused about the Meili snow mountain/deqin/ DIG airport location /shangri la

So.. I was going to fly in Diqin, go to Meili Snow Moutain ( how long do I need, one day is enough, just want to go up to Mingyong glacier)

I understand altitude sickness might make me feel bad and it might not be worth going up there for one day if I feel sick for 2 or 3 days!

I fly in DIG at 8am...bus to Deqin and then off to Mingyong the following day? sleep in Mingyong or deqin?

Is it worth going or shall I stay south of DIG/ Shangri la and Lijiang for my 6 days ?

Thanks for you help

If you have names of good guide, please give me their email address.

shangri-La County...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Meili snow mountain/lijiang

here this is aten (local Tibetan tour gudie)in shangri-la to dechen or diqing.

1. you can direct fly to Diqing airport(Shangri-la) if you are willing to have the lijang trip as next after visiting the shangri-la and meili snow mountain.

2.you will take one day to reach Dechen(meili snow mountain). as soon as you reach there it would be dark so you can make choice whether you want to stay in Dechen town or you want tpo spend your night at Felise (which is 10 km from the town) it opposite direaction of Meili snow mountain.

3. next morning you can go to the glacier.and i am sure you can completed your trip in onew day to the glacier.

if you done your trip you can return from Dechen next because at the moment the construction is not begain yet.(next time i am not sure about the situation).

so i think i have given you the proper information you are looking for..............

have nice trip. incase you would visit again ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i would be there for your service

aten.

Lijiang,Yunnan
Level Contributor
296 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meili snow mountain/lijiang

Most of your questions, Aten already answered you. if you care about the altitude, maybe you can fly to Lijiang first, then go up to Shangri-La, Deqin, Meili Snow Mountain area...

3. Re: Meili snow mountain/lijiang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 22:15