We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barranquilla Carnaval 2014

Fribourg...
2 posts
Save Topic
Barranquilla Carnaval 2014

Hello! We are going to be in South America Feb/March 2014 and would love to experience CARNAVAL. We heard that it is very good (perhaps nicer than brazil) in Barranquilla, Colombia and would like some advice?!!!! Is it easy to get to from Bogota?

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
682 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Barranquilla Carnaval 2014

I paid 315k cop for 3 days in palco 22

what is the difference between a regular palco and a VIP section

both in terms of price and experience

some of the people staying in my hotel went to the begining of the parade without tickets they had good pictures but one of them had his cell phone pick pocketed while he was being foamed

I spent most of my time in the bars on 84TH street the Colombian people were very friendly and inviting

on March 4th the day I left they were having a parade on 84th street how does that compare to the other parades ?

Carbondale, Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Barranquilla Carnaval 2014

Hello:

I have a question about bus and point to point vans from Barranquilla to Santa Marta.

We arrive in Barranquilla on Dec. 24th at 4:30 pm. I read somewhere that the point to point vans

stop running at 4 pm. Can someone confirm this for me.

Also, I have read that you can catch a bus around the city center on the hour to Santa Marta.

Do you think this holds for Christmas Eve? And when they say city center - would there be

a particular spot to go to - to catch the bus. We would catch a taxi from the airport to that particular

location - if we could tell the taxi driver what the exact location is.

Thanks for any help you can give to me.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
682 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Barranquilla Carnaval 2014

11tami I think you would get better responses if you started a new topic less people are going to see your question in a thread about carnival

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
3 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Barranquilla Carnaval 2014

Hi Kate,

What A grate Idea! Colombia Is amazing.

I have to give you some of my experience,,,,

I have participated in the last carnival and although enjoyed I had some disappointments...:

It was very expensive, not only in Colombian term even in american... Everything has its price Tag, And when everything costs, even if you do not care to pay you have to think about every ticket you buy... It also makes it less authentic and eventually less fun.

The value you will get changes:

1. The Official marching are not as professional has the Brazilian, no professional dancers not such amazing customs just thousands of shiny happy Colombians having fun. Very expensive and the best is to buy only one ticke (you Can!!!) for the first day otherwise you will probably be board... For this matter I think the pre-carnival is much better, much less expensive in less commercial (usually one week before)

2. Don't expect to see the big salsa parties as most of the concerts are vellenatos- the local northcolombian music. I was very disappointed. There was only one show with some big latin music names but it was overpriced.

3. Don't spend more than three days on this Carnival - the city isn't nice at all and in this gem called Colombia there are much better things to do

4. Reserve your hotel now !!!!

5. Don't dream of Brazilian Style Carnival - you will be disappointed

6. Tairona is also too Crowded this time of year because of Argentinian - Chilenian Holliday

7. Check out the Pasto Carnival

8. If you like salsa and reggeton - go to the free manizales Carnival !!!

Overpriced, Overcrowded, but still CoLoMbIa!!!

35. Re: Barranquilla Carnaval 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2015, 06:16