We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquito repellent

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Mosquito repellent

Hi, I have run out of Jungle Formula which I brought with me from the UK and which works so well against the mosquitos. . Can anyone suggest a good alternative to buy from a pharmacy here in Columbia please. I can't find Jungle Formula and not sure about Deet. What other brand works please?

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Mosquito repellent

If you have the Jungle Formula "Maximum", it's made of 50% DEET. "Medium" is 20% DEET.

You should go to a farmacia and ask for some repellent that has a minimum of 30% of DEET.

There are different brands, but it's just about the perfumes and some skin protection stuff they're putting together with DEET.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Mosquito repellent

There is one brand Nopikex that I think has 30% DEET.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
3. Re: Mosquito repellent

Thanks so much Stephane. Have you used Nopikex successfully yourself?

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Mosquito repellent

Yes, to go to Tayrona Park. Did the job.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
5. Re: Mosquito repellent

Thanks again. Can you remember where you bought it.? Was it in Barranquilla? Not sure they have it in the supermarket.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
33 reviews
6. Re: Mosquito repellent

No I bought it in Cartagena in a pharmacy. You may try in a farmacia or in Drogueria La Rebaja in Barranquilla.

7. Re: Mosquito repellent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2017, 05:16