We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with trip to Bucarmanga, Colombia

Which Bucaramanga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Need help with trip to Bucarmanga, Colombia

I would appreciate any insight on traveling to Bucarmanga, Colombia. I am told that I must fly into Bogata, Colombia, and travel via gound from there. I would apprciate any input. Thank you.

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with trip to Bucarmanga, Colombia

Promisekeeper,

I traveled to Bucaramanga in April of this year. I flew in to Bogota and then caught an Avianca flight to Bucaramanga the next day. Sorry I don't recall the price, but you don't have to travel via ground from Bogota. On the same trip, I took the bus from Bucaramanga to Bogota. It was a 10 - 12 hour trip. Very interesting to be able to see the countryside as you travel, but long and tiring as the roads are all two lane and very winding through the mountains. The bus is much cheaper, of course, but flights ARE available. Hope this helps.

Los Angeles
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with trip to Bucarmanga, Colombia

You need to fly to Bogota first and then you can go by air or by ground. By air you could choose Avianca Airlines or Aerorepublica airlines they fly everyday at 11:00 or 12:00 pm and in the afternoon around 6:00 pm. the airline ticket(roundtrip) is around 175.00 dollars. If you decide to go by land the price is around 30.00 dollars and will take you 10 hours to get to Bucaramanga. I know this because I go to Colombia and Bucaramanga every year.

Connecticut
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with trip to Bucarmanga, Colombia

Is ther enay way to rent a car in Bucaramanga?? I have been tryying, but no luck! Any ideas???

Canada
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with trip to Bucarmanga, Colombia

I would like to go visit my bf who is going to school in Bucarmanga. Just wondering if anybody knows somewhere safe to stay. I'm from canada and I hear about how dangerous colombia is so just wondering if it's safe to go as well? My email is meme8402@hotmail.com I would appreciate any info ...thanks :)

US
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with trip to Bucarmanga, Colombia

Does anyone have information about the Lagos de Cacique barrio in bucaramanga? I'm thinking about taking a year off to teach english abroad and am curious about the barrio's reputation, things to do during the day, night life, safety... and anything else anyone wants to offer. My email is hartmannw@wlu.edu, thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Bucaramanga