We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best nightlife in cali

Como
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
best nightlife in cali

Hi,

I'll be in Cali the last week of this month,

can anyone suggest the best clubs? I mean some tipical salsa clubs and the most trendy and elegant discos.

Thank you!

West New York, New...
Level Contributor
225 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best nightlife in cali

doctortroy there's different spots for nightlife in Cali. First is la "Avenida sexta" (6th ave.) full of nightclubs, bars and restaurants and open just about everyday. Then there is "Menga" located just a little north of the city more trendy nightclubs mainly for the younger crowds open from Thursday-Sunday and finally there's the world famous "Juanchito" located just west of the city separated from Cali by el Rio Cauca and it's famous bridge. Juanchito is probably where you could experience some of the best salsa being danced anywhere in the world, trust my parents are Calenos and even i sometimes have a hard time keeping up dancing with las Calenas. Best days are from Thursday-Saturday. Avenida Sexta is in pretty safe neighboorhood with many police officers around but i highly recommend you to go to Menga and Juanchito with someone from Cali because the Clubs themselves are safe but the neighboorhods could be a little on the nonsafe side. I wish i could give you some names but i haven't been there since July and Cali is like NYC clubs they come and go within a few months.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: best nightlife in cali

Juanchito is the best...I was there a few months ago

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,094 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best nightlife in cali

Juanchito reminds me of the older and still popular grupo Niche "la puenta por aya Juanchito" try to find a venue with a live band (musica tropical) the Colombians rule when it comes to Salsa dancing & music.Yes & lets not forget the Colombian Women "insenderary "

Saludos Playa

West New York, New...
Level Contributor
225 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best nightlife in cali

Playa4u the lyrics are like this "Del puente para alla juanchito

del puente para aca esta cali ". Juanchitos golden era was in the 80's and 90's don't get me wrong it's still very popular among calenos but Menga it's the spot now with many of the new discostecas located in the old road to Yumbo.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,094 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best nightlife in cali

Thanx Vic never to good on remembering exact lyrics to songs usally I fake em but we have seen Niche twice & love the music ditto goes for Fruco y sus Tesos.I haven't spent much time in Cali but have it on my bucket list.So when we do go i'll be looking for some advice Vic.

Take care Bro best to u & la familia in 2011

Saludos Kelly

6. Re: best nightlife in cali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2012, 06:17