We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Cali, do they charge per person?

1 post
Save Topic
Hotels in Cali, do they charge per person?

I have a question in regards to hotels in Cali. I have been told by a friend who has been to Cali that the hotels charge per person, however I am seeing no mention of this when I do searches for hotels on websites like Kayak. Ideally I would prefer not to have to pay per person, if possible I would rather pay a set rate for one room for two people. I'm not interested in staying in a high end hotel, just something that is affordable as I doubt we will be spending much room in the hotel anyways.

Any help is much appreciated.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Cali, do they charge per person?

Hotels in Cali are like everyone else, you pay based on the booking. There may be a slight price difference if you book 1 vs. 2 people due to the cost of breakfast, but the room rate is not per person. What your friend is probably referring to is the common practice in Colombia of charging you extra if you bring an unregistered guest back to your room. It's the single guy's tax ;)

2. Re: Hotels in Cali, do they charge per person?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 February 2013, 15:05
CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,807 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Cali, do they charge per person?

As acek points out might be a slightly higher charge if breakfast is included, the hotels i have styed in Cali - same price for one or two, just like the States, and if you have to pay extra it is not much.

As far as charging for a guest - who is not registered, yea they may charge for that - but i dont think that was what you were asking about.

Edited: 26 February 2013, 11:07
Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,006 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Cali, do they charge per person?

I find it´s a fairly common practice for smaller places in Colombia charge a per- person fee;basically it´s a cash cow.

Cali, Colombia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Cali, do they charge per person?

The first question they will ask you when you are making a reservation at a hotel in cali is "for how many people" Call any hotel in cali and check for yourself..i know for a fact that hotel innova next to chipichape mall charges an extra 50k pesos if your visiting guest stays over night..some other more upscale hotels charge up to 150k pesos for the "guest fee" along with the 16% hotel tax that they all charge

6. Re: Hotels in Cali, do they charge per person?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 05:16