We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cartagena Weather in November/December

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
214 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Cartagena Weather in November/December

Can anyone advise on the weather in Cartagena in November and December? Is there much difference? We would like to be able to spend much time outside, so rain is our main concern. How much rain could we expect in late November, compared to December?

When do the beaches become very crowded?

Medellin
Level Contributor
119 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cartagena Weather in November/December

Around that time, it will be like (20-32 Degrees (Celcius)) outside, kind of windy and really sunny days.

No rain until February/April after October!

London
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cartagena Weather in November/December

Hi,

How bad is the rainy season in October in Cartagena and the surrounding islands? I booked my tickets thinking I could put up with one or two days of rain in 2 weeks there, but do you reckon it is likely to rain more than this?

Many thanks for your help. It's much appreciated.

Jakey

UK
Level Contributor
293 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cartagena Weather in November/December

I was also interested in this so I did a bit of research. It's impossible to call the weather as we all know, the best is to look at historical data. Weather Underground has some interesting tools to check historical data.

Here you can see the stats for two weeks period of any date since 1996, also daily events like Rain, Thunderstorm and so on, just scroll down. From this it seems half days (7/8) in the last two weeks of October had rain in the past:

wunderground.com/history/…

In this other link you can actually see the weather (not forecast but actual) for whole month of October for 2009 or 2008 etc.

wunderground.com/history/…MonthlyHistory.html

I haven't had much luck with weather on my recent trips, but at least I can be prepared and not be disappointed. I say Oct seems like a 50-50 (by day), so you can decide based on that.

Of course I wish more people who actually were there in Cartagena in Oct would reply, sometime it rains for 1 hour and then you get sun the rest of the day - hard to see that on these charts....cheers.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,311 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cartagena Weather in November/December

I haven't been in October, but have gone in September which is also part of the rainy season. In one week, it rained one afternoon and once through the night. I still had lots of sun.

I believe that, on average, October has more rain than September but you are correct in that it rains for a few hours, then clears up. You may not have rain for several days, then rain for a few. Then again, the weather seems crazy everywhere so you can't be sure.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
723 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cartagena Weather in November/December

I was in Cartagena last December for six nights spread over two visits and really don't recall any significant rain at all. It was warm, especially in the afternoon.

6. Re: Cartagena Weather in November/December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2010, 05:23