We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days in Cartagena? What would you do?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
7 days in Cartagena? What would you do?

Hello TA,

I'm going to Cartagena for 7 days next week! A lot of rain on the forecast but i still plan to have the best time possible, I have my own loose itinerary and ideas of what to do, but wanted to ask the forums, what would be an ideal 7 day itinerary for you?

Going with my buddy, we are both late 20's guys in good shape, like physical stuff surfing swimming, etc as well as bars, cultural, and historic stuff.

As always, thanks so much to anyone who responds! Tripadvisor saves me so much time and money!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 days in Cartagena? What would you do?

www.casaviena.com is the happenin place

Private City party Tours Isla Rosario playa Blanca

you will have fun rain or shine..

Check your consular advisories and www.insuremytrip.com

always wise lots of petty theft so be careful...

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
208 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 days in Cartagena? What would you do?

Hola

You should split your week in two. Spend 3 days in Cartagena, enjoy the old city, go for a drink in cafe del mar on top of the city wall before heading to the clubs and go diving in San Bernardo del Viento Islands which are about 1.5 hour boat ride from Cartagena. Rosario islands are not that great anymore.

And, the second half go to Taganga and Tayrona National park which are about 3 to 4 hours away from Cartagena. There you can also dive, go trekking or just relax by the beach and have a few beera with the best views of the world!

Enjoy!

Marcela

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
37 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 days in Cartagena? What would you do?

See the historic sites in Cartagena and wander the back streets of the old city. City walls at sunset, old mansions in Manga neighborhood (not a far walk from the old city), nice bars in Getsemani neighborhood (facing the old city) including Club Havana. I enjoyed the small modern art museum which is often overlooked but has nice collection from major local artists. You can see my reviews of some restaurants there. I did take an overnight trip to Santa Marta, Cienaga & Aracataca to see some Gabriel Garcia Marquez sites.. recommended if you are a fan (take a bus up the coast).

4. Re: 7 days in Cartagena? What would you do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2011, 04:16