We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for cooking classes in Cartagena

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for cooking classes in Cartagena

Hello, I know this message board was closed a while back - on cooking classes in cartagena - but we are looking to take one in the next few days. Anybody have any recommendations? Thanks.

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for cooking classes in Cartagena

Hi,

We are coming to Cartagena from 23 January to 27 January and would be interested in taking a cooking course as you describe. Can you let me have some details please.

Thanks!

Claire

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Looking for cooking classes in Cartagena

I sent an e-mail last week about taking the cooking class but I've had no response.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,006 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Looking for cooking classes in Cartagena

B did you send the email – Jorge Escandon or his assistant, perhaps his popularity has increased with a guest starring role on Boudains show.

I watched the Anthony Bourdain’s Colombia travel episode; I think I even watched it twice (8

Yep I can never get enough of Anthony’s “off the cuff humour”..., I guess I would shell out $150 if it included Antony’s show menue?

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Looking for cooking classes in Cartagena

I sent the e-mail to his assistant, the address contained in this thread. I'm really hoping to hear back as I would love to do this while I am there.

Edited: 22 January 2013, 22:49
DC
7 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Looking for cooking classes in Cartagena

Wonderful! Thank you!

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Looking for cooking classes in Cartagena

Well, I didn't hear anything back for over a week so I found Jorge on Facebook and sent a message directly to him; next morning I received a response from his assistant.

Arrangements were made and I'm booked for later this week. I can't wait!

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,006 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Looking for cooking classes in Cartagena

Bj, that's really cool... that was good following up with the Facebook contact.

Make sure you select the biggest Langosta for your cooking lesson (;

Hopefully after you read this post you’ll be sipping a cool drink at Café del Mar, enjoying the view from a top the Old City Wall, as the warm Caribbean breeze removes the last hint of cold winter weather…

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Looking for cooking classes in Cartagena

This was not really a cooking class; it was a wonderful experience in exploring the market with the chef, discussing cooking and recipes and having him make a fabulous meal for you at his home, while you watch and learn.

The market was great; he was known by all the vendors. I got to taste several different fruits that I had never even of before. I've always wanted to visit the Bazurto market and I finally got to do it.

Jorge is every down to earth, a great companion for the day and I would highly recommend this experience if you like to experience different foods and learn something new. He even took me to a local, typical Colombian restaurant for breakfast on our way to the market

Wonderful day!!

Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
142 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Looking for cooking classes in Cartagena

Do you have updated contact information for Jorge? I know you found him on Facebook, but when he followed up did you get an email address? I am headed to Cartagena Friday for a week and would enjoy the day you describe!

Thanks,

Sharon

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Looking for cooking classes in Cartagena

Try this e-mail address:

bazurtosocialtours@gmail.com