We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Henry the Cartagena tour guide

Which Cartagena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MI
Level Contributor
218 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Henry the Cartagena tour guide

Much has been said (and debated) about tour guides in Cartagena, Colombia on this site. After an excellent trip this summer to Colombia, I thought I would put my thoughts into the mix. This was my first trip to Colombia and I was a little apprehensive about it at first. I shouldn't have been. Awesome trip, awesome people, awesome country. Felt more relaxed here than in places in Central America.

After this trip though, I am a true believer in the advice of "get a tour guide to orientate yourself to where you are staying". Never really thought it was worth while on other trips.....but there, it really helps.

Colombia is BIG. The cities are BIG. The hiring of a guide really helped get our heads around what to do and where to go (and where NOT to go!) Especially in Cartagena, which to me had a little bit more to be wary of than the other cities we visited. Not scary.....just want to watch yourself a little.

In Cartagena, our first choice of guide was the famous JJ. JJ was sick and we settled on another popular guide by the name of Henry. Couldn't have been friendlier. Polite, knowledgeable, very good English, helpful hints on just about everything. Couldn't recommend more. Knew all the spots to go for everything. Even made arrangements for us.

If you are going to Cartagena, Henry is a good choice. His email can be found on this site in numerous places.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Henry the Cartagena tour guide

Maybe you could provide his email address. I hope to travel there for the New Year.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Henry the Cartagena tour guide

Hope that JJ is feeling well these days. He also is a wonderful, humorous guide.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,297 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Henry the Cartagena tour guide

Yes, JJ is well. He was just out of commission for a week or so.

Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Henry the Cartagena tour guide

Henry was the best! Found us a great apartment in old town and showed us places we would never have seen without him. We highly recommend him!

5. Re: Henry the Cartagena tour guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 December 2012, 14:05
Florida
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Henry the Cartagena tour guide

Great reviews & recommendations.

Hoping you are available on March 29,2013. We are four (4) active seniors looking to enjoy you and your city. We arrive on the Celebrity Infinity on March 29.

Please advise if available,itinerary (inclue El Centro),vechicle for four & price.

Looking forward to response.

Phil Scherer

Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Henry the Cartagena tour guide

nrvs1> You can contact Henry at his email, snowfull1966@hotmail.com or from his website - bestguideincartagena.com

Hope you have a great trip!

Florida
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Henry the Cartagena tour guide

thank you. email address rejected,but aok from website

9. Re: Henry the Cartagena tour guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2014, 10:16