We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sailing on the "Fritz on Jacqueline" from Panama

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
280 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Sailing on the "Fritz on Jacqueline" from Panama

My daughter is taking it tomorrow from Panama to Cartagena via the San Blas Islands and I can't find anything online about it. Not the end of the world to not have an online presence, but sure would love to hear something about someone's experience! Thx :)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sailing on the "Fritz on Jacqueline" from Panama

Not to give you added worry, but I know a lot of the sailboats on that route and I've never heard of that one.

I assume she has checked them out and confirmed the status of their safety equipment, etc. and that it's big enough that she'll be with a whole group of backpackers and not just one or two other passengers...

Cheers,

Terry

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sailing on the "Fritz on Jacqueline" from Panama

Hopefully your daughter has done ample research before selecting a qualified captain for the trip. I’ve come across numerous threads with passengers posting their experiences on these voyages, some good, some not… The biggest concern is passenger safety, does the boat have adequate safety equipment for crew and passengers on board.

Here’s a Panama City hostel web site that supplies information on sailing charters > http://www.mamallena.com/sailboats.html

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sailing on the "Fritz on Jacqueline" from Panama

Here's one of the recent threads re: Fritz the Cat sailing charters >

tripadvisor.com/…36456882

Goulburn
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sailing on the "Fritz on Jacqueline" from Panama

also check out www.bluesailing.net

WORLDTRIP
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sailing on the "Fritz on Jacqueline" from Panama

better watch out with whom you are going.

on Fritz last boat where quite a lot of safety conditions in no good condition at all!

no surprise to me that it finally sank:

the australian flag is actually an AUSTRIAN flag, since Fritz is Austrian!!!

laaventuraproject.com/2012/…

…foxnews.com/latino/…

this new boat looks at least NEWER and with more comfort. But overcrowded, stuffed with motorbikes, is still not the best decidion, though most of the sailingboats or catamarans between Panama and Colombia are like that. So better CHECK OUT FIRST!

Edited: 27 November 2012, 01:08
david panama
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sailing on the "Fritz on Jacqueline" from Panama

Hi, i travelled on that boat on 13th sept 2012, Im Chris, an Englishman. The trip was great and the boat perfect, we had a fabulous journey, Which young lady was your daughter?. Was it Ali, all the beat Chris.

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sailing on the "Fritz on Jacqueline" from Panama

This boat is overcrowded (we were with 21 guest instead of the maximum 13 mentioned on his website), toilets were not cleaned and if Fritz really was a cook it must have been in a terrible restaurant; everything was overdone (lobsters, meat and even the bread) and the vegetarian lunch consisted of carrots... just some carrots. The Austrian is a golddigger hunting baby and pregnant female crabs/ lobsters, allthough they are endangered. He just does not care and laughs (wich is a terrible laugh) about it. Oh, and if you are seasick make sure you don't vomit over the matrasses because he warned us that will cost 20 dollars. Last but not least he probably doesn't pay his crew very much, because he insisted everybody would give the help at least 20 dollars extra (why do we then pay already 550 or 650 dollar?!).

Oslo
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sailing on the "Fritz on Jacqueline" from Panama

I have amazing trip on catamaran Jacqueline, Fritz is good captain from Europe, not like the colombians on cheap, unsafe boats, if you have chance go with Fritz on Jacqueline!

cartagena colombia
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sailing on the "Fritz on Jacqueline" from Panama

Hi friends,

first I have to clear, that the 13 on the website appear for charterers, that pay the in there mentioned price for the whole yacht.....

second we took 3 people aboard, that passed in a guna powerboat and were stranded in San Blas- and they slept in the cockpit on their wish for the juorney...

third: I never saw a pregnent, endangered crab-San Blas is home of millions of KINGCRABS, that we love to prepare for our people on board and they love to have them and the local fishermen love to sell them to us. How this guy gets the idea thaht LOBSTERS and CRABS in San Blas are an endegered species I cannot follow....

ELICER my most valuated cook bakes every day german brown bread ("overkooked"), prepares and serves ENDANGERED SPACIES( hahaha!!!) brings the guests to islands in the dinghi and stays on the guests service cooking and serving / my suggestion to give him a tip of 20.- at the end of the voyage is a suggestion for those who velue his services ( I pay him monthly 3 minimum sallerys, the best payed Marinero in the trade)

CONCLUSION: I have a terrible lough, correct! mostly on people that think they know the world and eat ENDENGERED spacies to complain later about it in the internet

Yours, smiling, Fritz

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sailing on the "Fritz on Jacqueline" from Panama

Thank you Fritz, for ADMITTING that the boat was OVERCROWDED (although it was by more than 3), toilets (nor the rest of the boat) were NOT CLEANED and the FOOD is HORRIBLE (crepes are not a main dish, nor are carrots!).

Just for the record (and you know this very well, Fritz): lots of people on board did not eat the baby and pregnant lobsters and told you so. While hunting it is very easy to control whether or not a lobster is pregnant, you just don't do it. Or maybe you can't, because you are to busy fighting with the captain and counting money in stead of trying to give your passengers a good time.