We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in walled city with descent pool...suggestions?

Lambertville, New...
Level Contributor
48 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in walled city with descent pool...suggestions?

I found a few options but wanted to ask others for ideas. My wife and I will be spending 5 or 6 days here, vacationing, and we want to be able to relax by a pool when we're not exploring the city. Ideally we'd like to keep the price under $200 per night. Any other options or advice is appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance.

David

Gothenburg, Sweden
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in walled city with descent pool...suggestions?

hi..we are in exactly the same situation, so I´ll be keeping an eye for both of us.

sincerely

Juan

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
723 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in walled city with descent pool...suggestions?

The Santa Theresa was recently offering a promotional rate of around $250. The pool there is spectacular. Otherwise, I think the more reasonably priced hotels in the walled city tend to have very small pools. In Laguito, the Hilton has a nice pool (and a great fitness center) with rates under $200 sometimes available.

san francisco
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in walled city with descent pool...suggestions?

Hi NYcastle. After lots of searching I found the Boutique Hotel Hortensia, a smallish B&B with a pool in a lovely courtyard. It is in a wonderful location directly across the road from the Sofitel Santa Clara. The rooms are large with AC and breakfast is served in the courtyard. It is around $100, which is the best price I found for lodging of this class in the old city. Good luck.

Edited: 21 October 2012, 13:40
san francisco
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in walled city with descent pool...suggestions?

Whoops, the correct name is Casa Boutique Hortensia. I just rechecked the rates and they may have gone up, actually doubled. I guess I just got in under the wire since it is a fairly new B&B.

5. Re: Hotel in walled city with descent pool...suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2013, 10:16