We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it better to stay in the old city or walled city?

FLL
3 posts
Save Topic
Is it better to stay in the old city or walled city?

Hello everyone,

I'm going to be traveling to Cartagena on 11/15-18. I've never been there but hear good things about the old city and walled city. Are they the same place? Which is better to stay at? My husband and I are in our early 30s and are going there for our anniversary.

Lecheria, Venezuela
Destination Expert
for Cartagena, Colombia
Level Contributor
848 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it better to stay in the old city or walled city?

Its the same place.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it better to stay in the old city or walled city?

Same place.. many different options as per Hotels. What is your budget?

FLL
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it better to stay in the old city or walled city?

Under $150 per night? What about packages to playa Blanca or Islas de Rosario? Do you know of any?

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it better to stay in the old city or walled city?

Under $150 per night? What about packages to playa Blanca or Islas de Rosario? Do you know of any?

============================================================

$150/person or couple?

First off in my not so humble opinion Colombia isn't an a all - in resort mecca; the so called "better Island resorts" don't give you the best bang for your buck. With that in mind a simple Expedia style search should give you a price comparison; cross referenced with a qualified TA review will help fill in the blanks. You should expand your search to include Tierrabomba Isla, Isla Grande...

For first time Cartagena visitors I would recommend combining a stay in the Old City/ Bocagrande and perhaps a night or two on one of the aforementioned Islands.

5. Re: Is it better to stay in the old city or walled city?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 05:20