We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Felipe de Barajas Castle Entry Cost

Which Cartagena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
San Felipe de Barajas Castle Entry Cost

Do they accept US dollars for admission and if so what is the cost in US dollars.

Coming for a short visit on a cruise ship and going to grab a cab to the fort. It would be nice to not have to exchange money.

Thanks

Canada
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Felipe de Barajas Castle Entry Cost

What about money for the cab driver... and the bottled water.... and the guide at the gate.... and lunch..... and souvenirs.... and the afternoon latte.... and the photo of the fruit lady.... and....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Felipe de Barajas Castle Entry Cost

When in Rome...... I am a firm believer that when you are in another country, you should use their currency

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Felipe de Barajas Castle Entry Cost

I appreciate the responses but it would be nice if someone could actually answer the question I asked.

I'm going to be in port for 6 hours so it would be much easier if I did not have to exchange and then sell back left over currency at a loss. Not that I should have to explain in the first place.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Felipe de Barajas Castle Entry Cost

Took me a grand total of about one minute to google it and find the price is about 17,000 Columbian pesos

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Felipe de Barajas Castle Entry Cost

Nice avatar - ahracing; got to love those sprints on clay...

While Colombian pesos are the norm; you should be able to get by using U$ at the more touristy spots, for larger purchases use an ATM or a currency exchange house (casa de cambio)to buy some pesos. The COP is closing in on 2000 - 1 U$, making it easier to calculate.

...btw peter it's the ColOmbian peso...;)

Edited: 25 November 2013, 16:40
Bogotá
Level Contributor
177 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Felipe de Barajas Castle Entry Cost

Yes it is about 17,000COP and no they do not take US$. In fairness they do not take Colombian Pesos at the hot dog stand next to the Lincoln Memorial either.

If you want to avoid messing around, then contract a guide for the afternoon and pay them in advance.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Felipe de Barajas Castle Entry Cost

Most of these cruise ships originate in the US; the bulk of their tour business is done in U$, have no fear they'll happily accept your U$.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: San Felipe de Barajas Castle Entry Cost

Thanks for the info!

9. Re: San Felipe de Barajas Castle Entry Cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2014, 05:17