We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cartagena Connections

Which Cartagena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
62 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Cartagena Connections

Does anyone have any experience with Kristy ? Google 'Cartagena Connections' to see what she can provide to visitors. Thanks.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cartagena Connections

Yep apparently she's just another gringa trying to make her way in Colombia; assumedly working every angle, kind of reminds me of the many interlopers in the Medellin forum...;)

JMO, if you want to empower yourself; make a statement and hire a local Colombian guide!

Edited: 30 November 2013, 17:44
Dade City, FL
Level Contributor
2 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cartagena Connections

We just returned from our cruise which took us to Cartagena. We employed Kristy for a tour of the Old City. We loved it! Since we do not know Spanish, we did not want to hire a local as playa4u suggested. Kristy is very knowledgeable about the city She told us a lot of fun and interesting stories. She told us about the street food. We ate at a local restaurant which was delicious. Most importantly, she kept my teenagers interested!

NY
Level Contributor
152 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cartagena Connections

Should be no trouble finding a local guide who speaks English.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cartagena Connections

heidmt,if you would have taken a little extra time to do a TA search; you could have selected a bilingual, local born & bred Cartagena giude.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
248 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cartagena Connections

I'm going to use JJ, based on everyone's review.

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,714 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cartagena Connections

They seem to have a decent website, and by far Cartagena is the most touristy city in Colombia.

If they have decent prices and you want a bit of handholding on your tour/visit possibly a good service.

She looks to be an Aussie, her bio doesnt state how long she has been in Colombia.

Maybe she is just the middleman and uses local guides but for my money i would want a local.

I certainly would not want to visit NYC and have some Brit lead me around - just seems a bit odd to hire an extranero to show you Cartagena

Everbody has their own comfort level, but i always suggest, learn a little Spanish first and do some exploring outside the standard tourists stops.

Colombians are generally very friendlly and if can converse just a little bit - you will make friends.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
680 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cartagena Connections

I emailed them and got no response

Austin
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cartagena Connections

I used JJ Jimenez (jacinto-200@hotmail.com) a month ago for a solo trip/tour I took around Cartagena. He arrived at my hotel on time and went above and beyond my requests & expectations. Also took me to a supermarket to pick up some local Colombian coffee

9. Re: Cartagena Connections

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 07:17