We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from airport to Santa Marta

Which Cartagena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
189 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from airport to Santa Marta

We are a couple, arriving at CTG at 12.30pm. With exit formalities, I expect to be outside the airport by about 1.15pm. We want to travel directly to Santa Marta and after 3 nights there, will be making our way back into Cartagena for the remainder of the trip. My question therefore is getting straight to SM. No doubt a cab would take us, but I expect that this would be fairly expensive (anyone know the likely cost?). Are there any vans or buses that do the run directly from the airport? Otherwise, I guess we will need to take the usual taxi into Cartagena and take the van/bus from there.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
35 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from airport to Santa Marta

I am very interested in learning about reliable transportation between Santa Marta and Cartagena. There will be 4 of us traveling and we would like to go as directly as possible since we don't have but a few days in Cartagena.

Thanks

Lecheria, Venezuela
Destination Expert
for Cartagena, Colombia
Level Contributor
784 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from airport to Santa Marta

Transportation is reliable with Marsol and Berlinas (both are minibuses). At that time of the night, it would be difficult to get either one. I recommend to wait until next day.

Edited: 07 May 2014, 21:24
London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,303 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from airport to Santa Marta

Pelorurrucho, they will be arriving shortly after lunch. I think they would still be able to get transportation to Santa Marta.

Lecheria, Venezuela
Destination Expert
for Cartagena, Colombia
Level Contributor
784 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from airport to Santa Marta

Youre absolutely correct Bjsabina, I thought it was midnight.

In that case just get the first taxi to take you to Marsol or Berlinas (The were both walkikng distance from Airport but believed they were forced to move to Marbella because of the traffic jam they create).

Marbella is 10 mins by taxi from airport.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
189 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from airport to Santa Marta

Marsol has a website to make bookings, but it's not working correctly. I see that Marsol has a Facebook site, and according to their latest news, they are now located in El Cabrero. I'd like to make a reservation, but it looks like we will just get a cab to their office and catch the next bus. Thanks for your help on this.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from airport to Santa Marta

Put a message on their FB page; they appear to check it frequently & follow up with a comment

Lecheria, Venezuela
Destination Expert
for Cartagena, Colombia
Level Contributor
784 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from airport to Santa Marta

you are doing it the right way... additionally they dont leave until htey have a full busload of passengers so there's no fix schedule. Also try Berlinas del Fonce I think they are a little better with reservations.

Marsol is indeed in El Cabrero right on Avenida Santader in front of the ocean. Berlinas is close too, with better facilities.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
189 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from airport to Santa Marta

I see the Berlinas del Fonce website, but it doesn't seem to provide a way of being able to reserve seats between Cartagena and Santa Marta. I have tried a couple of times, entered dates, and each time, it comes back with no services that date.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from airport to Santa Marta

Neal

You need to do Cartagena-Barranquilla, and then Barranquilla-Santa Marta

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport from airport to Santa Marta

Colombian bus websites are a pain in the butt; navigating them and paying with a international credit card can be frustrating. It's easier to pop into to Berlinas or Marsol; purchase a preassigned seat,insist on a direct shuttle - S/Marta, door/door service will pick up & drop off clients within the cities.