We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fares

Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi fares

Hi

I have looked at older threads regarding taxi fares but feel they are a bit out of date. I have printed off the Taxi fare list and told to carry it with me as the taxi have set fares they have to abide by, I have no reason to dispute this or knowledge of this.

Also, is it 5000 pesco for a local taxi ride say to the fort or old town. We are on a cruise and have been told to walk out of the port for a taxi as this will be cheaper. We are on the Celebrity Cruise does anyone know if the have a shuttle to the old town. I know I can ask on cruise critic but just wondered if anyone on this site knew.

I would appreciate any info you may have regarding these questions.

Kind regards

PD

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fares

There is no shuttle that I'm aware of unless it is something new. Also, from the port I think you will pay a bit more than 5,000 pesos to the old city.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fares

Thanks for the info do you have an idea of cost. I could have got the ports mixed up, we are visiting a few ports so my have got the wrong one but thanks for pointing that out. Regards

Medellin
Level Contributor
3,563 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fares

We paid closer to ten from memory (Port to Walled city hotel). It will be cheaper if you walk out of the port; just cross the road or go a few blocks. Agree the price before getting in with the taxi though.

The cruises have transport you can book, but you will pay a hell of a lot more.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fares

Thanks for the info, yes I have seen it would be cheaper to walk out of the port.

Thanks again for the replies.

regards

PD

Guilderland, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fares

I was in Cartagena the 2nd week in August 2014 and stayed in Bocagrande. My Girlfriend in Venezuelan and a native speaker so she told it is common practice to flag down a taxi, get in, and then ask, "how much to _______"(as opposed to being driven from point a to point ba and THEN being told how much the ride is). The airport to bocagrande was about $22000, but the trip from bocagrande to the airport was $18000. Bocagrande to Ciudad Amurallada was $6000-$8000. I think the most expensive in-town cab was $13000 and it was a fairly long cab ride. I didn't feel we were getting ripped off or taken advantage of, but if it was a few thousand more than, " oh well". Those drivers earn every penny...I have never seen so much chaotic with almost no accidents. I think we took at least 2 cab rides everyday for 9 days and probably spent around $100 USD. I spent over a week in Montreal at the beginning of the summer and probably spent double that on just subways

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi fares

Hi

Thanks for the great info, also have read your reviews it sounds as if you had a great time in Cartegena. We are just there for the day unfortunately but we will make the most of it. Thanks again for your information it is very useful.

Regards PD.

7. Re: Taxi fares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 07:16