We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i want to retire in medellin

winter park, fl
1 post
Save Topic
i want to retire in medellin

how much will it cost me or how can i live with ony 1800 per month

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,015 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: i want to retire in medellin

It depends on what you're looking for.Do you want to rent or are you planning to buy, what sort of life style do you want?Colombia is not cheap anymore so factor medical/ food/rent into your monthly costs.Smaller towns will eat up less cash than city life.There are also other factors to consider when retiring in a new country( taxes/visas).

Here's a good place to help you do your home work.

Good Luck!

http://alloexpat.com/colombia_expat_forum/

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,807 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: i want to retire in medellin

All depends on your lifestyle - $1800/month is a lot of money to most Colombians but you will have to live like a Colombian - if you want to transport your gringo lifestyle you will need more.

The average Colombian makes between 600K to 1 million pesos per month - about $300-600 - but they of course all have family and family helps when one is in need.

Services & healthcare is cheap in Colombia along with locally grown vegtables and fruits - gas, cars, clothes, electronics and processed foods can be expensive

3. Re: i want to retire in medellin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Medellin