We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling between Rionegro (Airport) and Medellin at night

Owatonna, Minnesota
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travelling between Rionegro (Airport) and Medellin at night

At the end of my travelling in Colombia I will arrive on a flight from Pereira to Medellin at 9:30 p.m. at night and then my flight from Medellin to Panama City leaves at 7:30 a.m. the next morning to start my journey home.

I have people I can stay with in Medellin that night, but I am wondering if I should just plan to have all of my luggage with me at that point and spend the night in the airport for a few reasons:

1. I would hardly have any time back at the house before I would have to turn around and come right back (maybe 4-5 hours).

2. I do not know how advisable or safe it would be to travel between Rionegro (the Cordova Airport) and Medellin at night. Bear in mind the time of night would be about 10 p.m. that night and then about 3:30 a.m. the next morning.

3. I would be paying for two long taxi rides between the airport or Medellin.

Any thoughts? Is there any reason not to spend the night at the airport?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
Rionegro
Rionegro
Antioquia Department, Colombia
CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling between Rionegro (Airport) and Medellin at night

Safety isn't an issue - but the ride is - probably $30 each way and 45 minutes - there is a hotel next to the airport and some cheaper hotels in Rio Negro you can take a cab to ( about $6).

If you you are just going to PC the next morning - might try and stay at the airport - but really not comfortable place to stretch out - or even sit outside of the gates.

Owatonna, Minnesota
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling between Rionegro (Airport) and Medellin at night

Thanks for the tip! Do you know the name of that hotel?

3. Re: Travelling between Rionegro (Airport) and Medellin at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 05:46