We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short term stays

Caloundra, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Short term stays

Hello all :)

im currently looking to travel Medellin and stay for a 1 to 2 months at the start of june and learn all i can about the culture and hopefully become more fluent in Spanish(just have the basics still)

Having trouble finding Cheapish accommodation for that long of a trip,

Hostels work out to be far to expensive for that long of a period,

Does anyone know where i can find a place that wont break the bank to hard and isn't in a dangerous suburb?

And if anyone could tell me, what sort of areas should i avoid looking at for houses?

ive read some mixed information about some locations so i would like to stand clear of them

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short term stays

Not sure what locations you are stering clear of, the bad areas are not going to have short term rentals,

Look at 61 Prado - a guest house in the Prado section, in the past they would discount the room for longer stays, forget finding a cheap apartment rental - short term, you are going to have to find someone who rents on a weekly basis and try and make a deal, also it looks like you will be in Medellin over the Festival de Flores at the end of July, forget finding anything cheap then.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Short term stays

The absolute cheapest any English language website will offer you is probably some ways over $1000 monthly for a tiny studio in Poblado or Laureles. The only way to find anything reasonable is hitting the Colombian websites. I have found some good deals on 1-2 month rentals mailing people who had adds up for longer term rentals or even apartments for sale (and mailing them in Spanish so they don't know you're a foreigner until you've cut a deal)

With the 3-4 gringo agencies sharing the tourist rental scene, there is nothing cheap or reasonable.

Level Contributor
3 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short term stays

What is your budget? There is a great B&B in Fatima for about $35US/day

Medellin
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short term stays

The English Breakfast place in Provenza, just next to the Casa Kiwi hostel has rooms for around 600 or 700 k a month.

Medellin, Colombia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Short term stays

We have a mostly furnished studio apartment in Laureles for $750,000/month and would be willing to accommodate 2-3 month stays. Feel free to write aptaestudiola70 AT gmail DOT com for more information!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
223 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Short term stays

Do you have any other apartments in Laureles?

Medellin, Colombia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Short term stays

No, that is the only one--we're not a real estate agency.

8. Re: Short term stays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Medellin