We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To rent several apartments in the same building

Which Medellin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
To rent several apartments in the same building

I am looking actually for like 4 or 5 apartments in Poblado region (preferably close to Lleras parque) for one week.

These apartments should be preferably in the same apartment building. I check on vrbo.com but they seem to have single apartments available.. Does anyone have an idea if there is a company who rents out apartments in the same building?

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To rent several apartments in the same building

Somebody with property management company - apartment rentals connections should be able to get the job done; having said that they need to be reliable, recommendable and be in the short term apt. rental market. Surely someone will eventually chine - in with a sales pitch...:)

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: To rent several apartments in the same building

This is very possible depending on your lead time. There are some companies that own buildings with 4 or 5 apartments.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To rent several apartments in the same building

....poking around the net - found this ad for Medellin apt. rentals, not sure about their track record:

firstamericanrealtymedellin.com/aptlistings.…

Medellin
Level Contributor
3,396 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To rent several apartments in the same building

Paradise Realty is another - James who runs it is a nice guy and has been operating in Medellin for a few years. He has a number of apartments in a building called Blux, which is very nice. It is about a 15 minute walk from Park Lleres and has a 5th floor pool overlooking a park. He has a few in this building although not sure if they would equate to 5. My friends stay here when they come to medellin every 2nd month.

www.paradiserealtymedellin.com/company.asp

At first american you need to talk to John Duque or Andrew Campoin (Andrew used to have his own rental company however joined forces with first american). Andrews sites are still running

http://www.theapartmentmedellin.com/ and

luhorealestate.com/

As a note, First American have a building with furnished apartments that they own / manage - that could be an option; it is right next to Park Lleres.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To rent several apartments in the same building

... just don't book any flats in the crumbling Space Building...no matter how inviting the prices are.

colombiareports.co/medellin-residential-buil…

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: To rent several apartments in the same building

First American Realty and The Apartment Medellin are now one in the same company. They manage over 100 apartments and have the most experience managing rentals for tourism than any other company in Medellin. They are your best choice.

They own a property called Poblado Suites where they have a number of separate apartments in one building. They also manage another beautiful project called Casa Provenza that has 3 apartments in one building. Both are located very close to Parque Lleras.

They also manage a group of apartment in the Blux building.

Edited: 07 November 2013, 13:40
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
274 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To rent several apartments in the same building

I know that no one wants to hear this but IMHO just a word of caution with these Poblado edificios and this coming from a construction/engineering executive who has managed the design and built/developed thousands of condos and mid and high rise hotels in California AND who spends much time in Colombia interested in the construction techniques they implement and having enjoyed countless hours observing (albeit from off-site) structural design of NEW Type 1 concrete buildings in Bogota and more-so Medellin along with understanding the local geological ground formation (mucho rain and low shallow aquifers), frankly I would not spend a night nor even a short visit in one of these.

Always knew it was a matter of time when one of these would simply have a major structural collapse, well research what happened a few months back in Ploblado/Envigago.

Heck back in August I spent 2 weeks staying with friends in a newly constructed 15 story apartment in Pilarica II area and saw telltale signs of column to wall and wall to floor assembly settlement separation above the norm, the ground is moving, needless to say I did not get a good night sleep.

Again my HO.

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: To rent several apartments in the same building

People should not take this to imply that all buildings in Medellin are like this. Most the new buildings are structurally sound and people should not shy away from them. I prefer the older buildings because they are solid construction and frankly usually have more interesting architectural features. If you are looking to rent, then ask your rental agency. If you are looking to buy, you can hire an independent structural engineer to examine the building and it is not that expensive.

LA traveller - if you were in a friend's apartment, then they should report your observations - thnx !

9. Re: To rent several apartments in the same building

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 06:20