We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Medellin Lodging

Which Medellin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Medellin Lodging

Hello,

I would be grateful for help in choosing lodging for a 5 day trip to Medellin. Here are the requirements-

- Parque Llyras in El Poblado district

- budget flexible

-on site pool

-modern atmosphere and amenities

- close to nightlife

-comfortable and modern rooms

Thanks for your help and ideas.

Regards.

Medellin
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Medellin Lodging

The Charlee; expensive however has some great facilities - roof top pool, and bar; the rooms with Jaccuzis on the balcony are great and the gym is one of the best. Location is right in the Park.

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Medellin Lodging

I agree with Bricks assesment of the Charlee - have been there for drinks, to the lounge on the top floor ( where the small pool is) very nice, great views. 2 issues with the hotel - most expensive in Medellin and being on Parque Lleras - the traffic in and out of the area can be a bear.

You might look at the Dann Carlton also - about 2 blocks away from LLearas on Ave Poblado - much bigger pool, not sure how the rates compare - not a party central hotel though - an older crowd than the Charlee.

Lots of other choices in the area, Hotle Affinity, Park 10 Hotel. Intercontinental, Holiday Inn, Art Hotel - not sure of the pool situation though.

I believe the Charlee gives each guest an Ipad when they check in for their use, if your budget can handle it and you don't mind the extra traffic - a good choice

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Medellin Lodging

Thanks Bicks and Cdy! I appreciate the feedback.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,771 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Medellin Lodging

We liked Hotel Diez ....thought the thematic décor was spiffy and the views from the top floors were cool...

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g297478-d1902691…

Edited: 04 November 2013, 04:56
Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Medellin Lodging

Thanks playa.

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Medellin Lodging

The Hotel 10 sits right between two main streets. Some people find it a bit noisy. Park 10 Hotel is more European style. I don't believe either have pools. Hotel San Fernando Plaza has a pool and is still only a few blocks from Parque Lleras but close to the nightlife as well on the ''Golden Mile''. You might consider renting an apartment. Some buildings allow short term rentals. Usually prices are 30 % below hotel rates.

Cali, Colombia
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with Medellin Lodging

Have a look here: livinggringo.com/2013/11/hotels-medellin-col…

8. Re: Help with Medellin Lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 05:17