We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Lights in Medellin

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
96 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Lights in Medellin

I am planning a trip to Medellin in January and I was hoping the Christmas lights would still be on display. Does anyone know how long after Christmas the city continues to celebrate with its famous lights along the river?

Thanks!

Medellin
Level Contributor
3,622 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Lights in Medellin

1 December until 6 Jan 14

http://diarioadn.co/medell%C3%ADn/mi-ciudad/presentación-del-alumbrado-navideño-de-medell%C3%ADn-2013-1.83035

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Lights in Medellin

Hi, would you happen to know the dates for the coming Jan 2015, when the lights will be up until? Thanks

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,946 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Lights in Medellin

Traditionally Colombians take down the Xmas decorations just after seis de reyes (Jan 6); passed through Medellin the week after that they were taking them down. Medellin Xmas light displays Dec 1 - Jan6.

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Lights in Medellin

Wrong due to popularity they keep them up almost to the end of January Just don't know the exact day

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
279 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Lights in Medellin

If my Paisa wife had her way they would stay up all year round. :-) They really like those Christmas lights and as soon as my wife see's a few being hung in our local neighborhood homes in the Los Angeles area it is Christmas On mode for her.

The lights in Medellin is truly a nice visit to see. Have fun and enjoy!

6. Re: Christmas Lights in Medellin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Medellin