We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EAFIT or Medellin Language Academy

Colorado
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
EAFIT or Medellin Language Academy

Will start a South American trip with 2 weeks of intensive Spanish in Medellin. I have passable Spanish now, meaning I'm comfortable using it while traveling. I want to raise my proficiency such that I am more comfortable in conversations.

Aside from any differences in cost, what are the pros/cons that people have found with EAFIT and MLA?

I am planning to stay in Laureles, so "commute" is also something I am considering.

Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EAFIT or Medellin Language Academy

MLA and EAFIT are about the same in terms of cost. EAFIT is a more traditional course and great if you like formal structure, learning grammar and rules. MLA is a bit more relaxed and classes are based around the individual needs of the students, who are mostly South American travelers or local expats. They also provide regular activities, language exchanges and salsa lessons so in that respect are a little more fun and practical oriented, than EAFIT. Whatever option you choose you can go wrong.

2. Re: EAFIT or Medellin Language Academy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 06:17