We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Accommodation, Spanish and Salsa classes, Medellin

London, England...
3 posts
Save Topic
Advice on Accommodation, Spanish and Salsa classes, Medellin

Hi everyone!

I plan to spend a month in Medellin, for both Spanish and Language lessons, and would like to seek some advice!

1. I was wondering if you have any recommendations for accommodation? I would want a private room, and am currently considering home stay or a guess house/flat share, so that I am able to meet people at my accommodation (instead of a hotel). Alternatively, what are some popular sites for flat shares etc in colombia that I can look at?

In addition, I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for

2.language schools and

3.salsa schools?

I have friends who suggested going to universities like EAFIT (for private classes), and I was wondering whether that would be better than getting a private teacher outside?

Thank you so much for your help!

Cheers,

Peter

Medellin
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Accommodation, Spanish and Salsa classes, Medellin

Yadira at the Blacksheep hostel is excellent as is Federico at his language academy. See below and they are both in Poblado.

studyspanishcolombia.com/study-spanish-colom…

blacksheepmedellin.com/spanishinmedellin.html

2. Re: Advice on Accommodation, Spanish and Salsa classes, Medellin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 06:16