We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Providencia accommodation

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Providencia accommodation

We are possibly going to Providencia at the end of April for a week or so. Is it advisable to book accommodation in advance or can you turn up on the day and still find a place to stay? Are there any basic beach cabanas that are not listed online perhaps?

Many thanks in advance

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
110 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Providencia accommodation

Easter is April 21. I think many Colombians will be taking holidays around that time. I would book a place in advance to be on the safe side.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Providencia accommodation

Thank you for tour response. We are spending Easter elsewhere in Colombia so we would to providencia on April 28th. I should've been more specific! Do you think it'll still be worth booking or could we just turn up? Thank you

San Andres Island...
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Providencia accommodation

I never stay at Hotels while on Old Providence as I have relatives there. But 6 months ago all tourists foreign or Colombian main lander were required to have return tickets and hotel reservation or could not leave the airport until they did. This is Colombia and things change from day to day, Marsha642 may be able to tell you if this is still the policy as she was just there.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
110 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Providencia accommodation

We were there mid-end of Feb and there seemed to be lots of vacancies at the hotels. You could probably get by without having reservations. There are several places we saw which were right on the beach: Miss Mary's and Sirius on Southwest Beach, Miss elma's, Mr Mac's on Freshwater Bay. We stayed at El Pirata Morgan. The hotel rooms were not right on the beach. We had to walk around the side of the hotel and down a little ways to the restaurant, and the beach was right in front of the restaurant. We liked this hotel. We booked our plane tickets ahead of time through El Pirata Morgan travel agency. In San Andres, we went to the Searca ticket counter and got the tickets to Providence. We did not have the return tickets when we got to the Providence airport. We got them booked when we arrived at the hotel. I think we might have just told them at the airport the day we were leaving. I don't remember them asking us where we were staying.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Providencia accommodation

@inka144 ,"I never stay at Hotels while on Old Providence as I have relatives there. But 6 months ago all tourists foreign or Colombian main lander were required to have return tickets and hotel reservation or could not leave the airport until they did. This is Colombia and things change from day to day, Marsha642 may be able to tell you if this is still the policy as she was just there"

Your point is what...Col Migra is apparently sending foreign tourists packing without a hotel reservation?

Hmm I will 2nd Marsha's advice; & add pack a Gucci suitcase to avoid looking like a hippy...)

http://www.providenciaespasion.com/eng/

Bogota
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Providencia accommodation

hi , I'm going to Providecia as well , how was it , is it a nice place ? i plan also to go for a week

7. Re: Providencia accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 April 2014, 18:05
8. Re: Providencia accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Providencia Island
More Providencia Island Topics