We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Andres march 8TH , anyone been to San Luis ?? is it safe

Montreal, Canada
8 posts
Save Topic
San Andres march 8TH , anyone been to San Luis ?? is it safe

is it safe

Ontario
Level Contributor
398 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Andres march 8TH , anyone been to San Luis ?? is it safe

Yes it is very safe. Just exercise the same caution that you would in any big city. Do not flash lots of cash or jewellery and try not to walk by yourself at night if you are super drunk. :)

Be careful of the traffic when crossing the road to the beach as the locals drive very fast!

canada
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: San Andres march 8TH , anyone been to San Luis ?? is it safe

I found San Andres extremely safe, except the drivers scared the crap outta me. I've had a motorcycle for 20 years, and was thinking of renting a scooter, but the trip from the airport to the resort knocked that outta me. aybe you being from montreal might be more used to it lol. I felt way safer there than most places in toronto or montreal, just use common sense as you would visiting anywhere you've never been before.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Andres march 8TH , anyone been to San Luis ?? is it safe

I hopeYour aparty animal cause the San louis is a party place.Unlike the islaneo were we are staying is very quiet We are going for 2 weeks> we will be on the same plane going down.If you come to the islaneo beach ask the cabana boy jimmy where Ricardo is .Ill be the old guy suckin down a cold bavaro.Have fun.Ricardo.

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Andres march 8TH , anyone been to San Luis ?? is it safe

We were at the island in 2003 and again for 2 weeks in February. We found the Island to be very safe, The tour operator actual told us to leave the resort and walk downtown. The beach area downtown has been cleaned up by the construction of the boardwalk. Relax and have a good time, The island is amazing

5. Re: San Andres march 8TH , anyone been to San Luis ?? is it safe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about San Andres Island