We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do - day trips

Toronto
1 post
Save Topic
things to do - day trips

two older people hoping to head to san andres. any suggestions for day trips? nothing strenuous, please

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
897 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: things to do - day trips

Do they like water sports Frtedb ? Each resort has taxis in front of their hotel, they could talk to one of the taxis drivers, and he will take them on a excursion of the island, pointing out all the landmarks etc. I know that I plan to do this next time I go back.

Ontario
Level Contributor
398 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: things to do - day trips

Most people do an island tour which you can arrange with almost any taxi driver for about $12 US per person. They stop at the Blow hole, the natural pool, Morgan's Cave and Big Pond where you can see some dwarf crocodiles. Or you can rent a golf cart and go exploring yourself. I highly reccommend this option. There is basically only one road around the island so you can't get lost. You can also arrange to take a boat to the offshore cays - Johnny Cay and Acuario Cay. This is a lot of fun. If you are staying at the Marazul - go see Mario and he will take you there.

You must also go to Roky Cay for a few hours. The ocean there is beautiful. You can walk very far out and the water is only knee deep. There is a wrecked ship just beyond the reef that you can get very close to. It is a great experience.