We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cocoplum Beach Do I need beach shoes to go into the water?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cocoplum Beach Do I need beach shoes to go into the water?

I am holidaying for a week on San Andres Island and need to pack light due to weight restrictions.

I usually pack my beach shoes as well as flip flops when going on beach holidays but if the beach near Cocoplum is lovely and sandy then maybe my flip flops are all that I need and I can go into the water barefoot?

Or would people recommend I wear my beach shoes when going into the water (I can't wear my flip flops as these just fall off in the water), i.e. if there is coral which may cut my feet etc.

Thank you

Edited: 13 December 2010, 23:00
San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cocoplum Beach Do I need beach shoes to go into the water?

No shoes required at beach in front of Coco Plum. One of the nices beaches on the Island. If you need water shoes u can purchase them cheap $2 or $3 US in many many stores at the North End. Have a good time at the Coco Plum one of my sister in law is one of the receptionist there

Her name is Claudia. A very nice lady. Her Native language is English. Tell her u know her brother in law Mr. Vincent.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cocoplum Beach Do I need beach shoes to go into the water?

As stated, you really don't NEED water shoes there...but...I would buy a pair and use them.

There is nothing worse than being barefoot in the sand an inadvertently stepping on a small piece of coral that may just be rolling over the sand, underwater.

For the price you pay, the protection is well worth the few $$$ and not have to suffer a possible sad vacation due to injury.

Enjoy your vacation !!

3. Re: Cocoplum Beach Do I need beach shoes to go into the water?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2011, 07:32