We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for expert swimmers (with fins) for this July 24TH!!

sanandres
9 posts
Save Topic
Looking for expert swimmers (with fins) for this July 24TH!!

If you we'll be in the island these week, We would like to invite you all of you to the SEA WEEK , from July 18th till the 24th, the Island we'll have many activitys, as regatta race, catfish race, parades on the 20th, and on sunday we are convocating, the must quantity of people as possibe for swim from Jhonnie cay to San Andres is about 1500 mts , we are traying to break a mark from the last year 95 people, and looking for a future guiness that we 're planning too. You only need to be ina good shape, know how to swim with fins( it is for security reason) unless you are a super expert free swimmer.

this is organize by the League of underwater sports in the Island and the National Army, planty boats with us, and expert swimmers, for futher info do not hesitate in contact me: Jannethe at Jordonez@sanandresnoblehouse.com

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for expert swimmers (with fins) for this July 24TH!!

sounds like an interesting feat...not for the light hearted/unexperienced swimmer...tidal currents,sharks lol all come into play...a friend of mine (an experienced swimmer) & companion tried it sans fins ?...several years back he did it but his companion barely made it...myself best observed from Jhonnie cay on the lounge chair with a long cool one ;- )

Good Luck to all & please update results...playa :-)

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for expert swimmers (with fins) for this July 24TH!!

Come on down Playa We can watch the sharks eat the swimmers from my boat :-)

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for expert swimmers (with fins) for this July 24TH!!

Raz, you're a ringer buddy...if they have to come aboard it'll cost em ;-)..playa

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for expert swimmers (with fins) for this July 24TH!!

Yesterday was Colombian Independence day. Lots of parades at the North End. Waited 4 hours in the hot sun to see my 10 year old march by.

Maybe someday it will be San Andres Independence day.

5. Re: Looking for expert swimmers (with fins) for this July 24TH!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 09:17