We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dive shops in San Andres and Providencia

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dive shops in San Andres and Providencia

Hi,

I'm heading to San Andres / Providencia for 10 days in mid January, and I'm looking for dive shop recommendations. Neither of the places I'm staying have a dive shop attached, so I'm pretty flexible. I'm certified as a rescue diver, and I'm not looking to do any courses this time around. Thanks in advance!!! Any infomration including boat quality and prices will be very appreciated.

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dive shops in San Andres and Providencia

Do a search of this site the question has been answered several times.

Several dive shops have Web Sites. Opinions vary from place to place. All are fairly good to OK depending on what you want and what you are willing to pay. Old Providence has more marine life and clearer waters. Prices change depending on the time of year. Right now the sea is ruff and cloudy. Should be better in Jan.

San Andres Colombia
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dive shops in San Andres and Providencia

Do a search of this site the question has been answered several times.

Several dive shops have Web Sites. Opinions vary from place to place. All are fairly good to OK depending on what you want and what you are willing to pay. Old Providence has more marine life and clearer waters. Prices change depending on the time of year. Right now the sea is ruff and cloudy. Should be better in Jan.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dive shops in San Andres and Providencia

Sadly the coral around Providencia is covered in algae (or was when I was there a year ago). But this is a global trend and a sign of climate change. I have hung up mu BCD finally after more than 20 years' diving

san andres island
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dive shops in San Andres and Providencia

Hi there, in San Andres our best.:

www.sharkydiveshop.com

www.sanandresdivers.com

www.bluelifedive.com

if you looking for real advance and expore dive.

www.sanandresexplore.com

in Providencia the best one

www.sunnydiveshop.com.co

5. Re: Dive shops in San Andres and Providencia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2012, 10:22