We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good snorkelling.?

Toronto
Level Contributor
165 posts
1 review
Save Topic
good snorkelling.?

Hello all

I'm thinking of doing two vacations down south. One week in San Andres Island and the other week Margarita Island. What are the snorkelling like out there any good places for snorkelling.?? Do I need to hire someone to take me on a boat ride out to a small island or special area for great snorkelling.? I appreciate the info please.

Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: good snorkelling.?

Snorkelling can be done anywhere around the island. The archipelago is world reknowned by snorkellers and divers for its abundant marine life / coral reefs. It's a protected Marine Park by UNESCO.

You can also rent a guide to take you out snorkelling. Rates are rediculously inexpensive.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
905 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good snorkelling.?

Snorkling is excellent around San Andres, You won't have a problem finding a spot. There are cab drivers around the front of all the resorts, ask him to take you to a snorkling spot. My favorite spot was West View, There is a boat shuttle from the Marazul that will bring you to Acuario Key, where you can also snorkle.. enjoy

Ontario
Level Contributor
554 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good snorkelling.?

I defer to kkatt about San Andres, but we just returned from Margarita, and it is necessary to take a boat on a day trip to Los Frailes. We didn`t go.

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: good snorkelling.?

I have to agree with kkatt.....my favourite spot to snorkell is Westview which you can easily reach by renting a vehicle or one of the taxi drivers, and La Picinita is just down the road from there. You must also stop at Punta Sur along the way. The building is made of stone and has all kinds of wood sculptures......then you can get yourself a cervesa and go up to the lookout.....the view is amazing and my favourite spot on the island. You can also take a boat over to Aquario Cay for some snorkelling. Another must is to book a snorkelling tour with Mario out of the Marazul.....it is amazing and well worth the money.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
905 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good snorkelling.?

Hi Linda... If anyone wants info about anything about SAI... Hizztazz can answer any questions for you.. She has been to SAI, I believe 5-6 times now... kat

Colombia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: good snorkelling.?

If you are thinking about snorkeling, you have to visit Old Providence. This island is the true caribbean treasure, specially for all those who love the ocean. YOu can virtually take a plunge anywhere around this island. and you will be surprised, not only with the neverending schools of fish parading in front of you, but also becasue of the sharks, barracudas, rays, moreels, crabs, congs and all sort of wild life! And you can take advantage of this island and really get to know a true caribbean culture that has been preserved in time and defended against what happened to San Andres!

Ontario
Level Contributor
554 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good snorkelling.?

rastapaul: Where is this exactly? Thanks!

lexington,KY
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: good snorkelling.?

Hi All:

Can anyone on the board compare snorkeling kingeind

lexington,KY
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: good snorkelling.?

Hi All:

Has anyone on board been to Bonaire to snorkel? If so how does San Andres and Old Providencia compare? Are there any places to stay on Old Provedencia? Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: good snorkelling.?

hi there, how is diving in San Andres? if there is any. what resort would you recommend?

thank you