We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rice milk in San Andres Colombia

2 posts
Save Topic
rice milk in San Andres Colombia

Hi,

Does anyone knows if Rice or Soy milk is sold in San Andres Colombia?

San Andres Island...
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: rice milk in San Andres Colombia

I buy soy milk in the supermarket. regular milk 3200 Soy milk 8000 pesos.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: rice milk in San Andres Colombia

Thanks for your reply!

Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: rice milk in San Andres Colombia

Not quite the same but there is a drink made throughout Latin America that is rice based. Called horchata. It's rice and water run through a blender. Then a variety of things are added. Sugar and cinnamon are the most common. Fruits are also used. Strawberry is great. Served really cold it is very refreshing. Really easy to make if you have a blender.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,775 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rice milk in San Andres Colombia

I don't recall ever seeing horchata in Colombia - Mexico maybe. Masato is a popular Colombian beverage made from fermented maize - not to be confused with chicha or guarpo. San Andres is a small Island hence everything imported is expensive - with the exception of booze.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: rice milk in San Andres Colombia

Dud you find any rice milk in Colombia? If yes, could you tell me where you got. My family is going yo Bogota and needs it.

Many thanks for any help

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,775 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rice milk in San Andres Colombia

Yes many of the larger Bogota grocery stores have rice milk; I saw chocolate flavoured rice milk in Carrulla, surely they have other flavours. Exito,Jumbo, Alkosto should also stock it.

7. Re: rice milk in San Andres Colombia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about San Andres Island