We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting San Andres

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting San Andres

Hi! A small group of us (1 American, 6 Colombians) will be visiting San Andres Island in Mid September for seven days. I have a couple of questions I was hoping a few of the Island regulars could answer for me.

We will be staying on the south side of the Island (near the blowhole) - I've read the bus routes (three main routes from what I can see) but it does not seam clear from where we are staying at to how we could get to town on the other side of the island, all the routes seem to lead to the bus station in the middle of the island so I am missing something..

Since we will be out and about during the day and having to drive from the south side of the Island I was hoping to rent a car but I've been unable to find anything on the internet so will probably have to get one after we arrive and suggestions or ideas as to what the charge would be? I seen the golf carts at 40-60 a day which makes me a tad nervous as to what the car rental rates may be..

I know this is the low season - I was hoping to visit some of the clubs while we are there. I assume there is some nightlife on Fri/Sat nights.. Is there anything Sun-Thr nights in September? Looking more for dancing than just a bar.

Thank you for any information!

1. Re: Visiting San Andres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 06:22