We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike rentals

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bike rentals

Hi!

I'm traveling to San Andres in February and I can't seem to find any prices for bike rentals. Does anyone know? Any recommendations to move around in the island?

Edited: 21 November 2013, 01:52
Medellin
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike rentals

Hiring a golf cart is a great way to get around - there are many rental shops. Some of the places would be a long ride on a push bike. If you meant motor bikes, then you can rent them in the same places as the golf carts.

Don't miss la Piscina Swimming hole.

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike rentals

Thanks!! Do you have any idea of the prices?

Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike rentals

Just my opinion, but I would stay off motor bikes...seems like every year some tourist gets maimed or killed on a rental.

The golf carts are the way to go and rentals vary depending on who you go with and what kind of deal you can swing. Rates are between $40.00 USD and $60.00 USD a day. I have been to the island many times so I deal with a fellow I know and I am still getting a 4 person cart for $40.00/day but most "newbies" are paying more than that. Look around and 'haggle" for the best price.

Make sure you get a phone number from whomever you rent from. We had a "blow-out'" over by the San Luis and we called and they came out and changed the tire pretty fast.

Like any tourist island ...be careful with your valuables..never have anything valuable hanging over the side of a cart.....on very odd occasions a motorcycle has whipped by and lifted a purse sitting on the outside edge of a seat....but that is a rare ocassion. The island is very, very safe.

San Andres Island...
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bike rentals

Prices for bikes vary from place to place. You need to bargain. I live here an would not ride a bike any where. Golf carts are much safer an even they are prone to accidents. Motor scooters are not a safe way to travel for tourists. Nobody and I mean nobody follows the rules of the road so as a tourist you are taking a big risk. Several tourist have been killed an injured over the pass few years. There is no your side of the road here. Whoever gets there first thinks they have the right of away.

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bike rentals

Thank you! Very useful information!

6. Re: Bike rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about San Andres Island