We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disturbing info about golf carts and accidents

ontario
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Disturbing info about golf carts and accidents

I was heard some scary info about the golf carts and fake accidents and that the local police are involved in scamming huge $ from folks with fake motorcycle accidents which happen at intersections that seem very quiet , A motorcycle comes from nowhere and slams into side of you. The police come right there after and request $ or you can go to Jail ???? scary stuff . Anyone aware ???.It snot something that you might discuss openly , but I have heard this info first hand.!

San Andres Island...
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disturbing info about golf carts and accidents

Have never heard of such a scam here. Maybe on the mainland. My wife an her family 100 + are like the dally news paper they know everything that happens on this Island an who is involved. an they never heard of such a scam. That/s not to say there are no scams but for an Island of more then 100,000 people we have little crime an very few scams. The owner of the golf cart is responsible for what happens to his cart not you. Don/t listen to all the Island gossip come an enjoy yourself.

Added note you can discuss anything you care to on this Island we have freedom of speech here also.

Edited: 12 December 2013, 12:09
Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Disturbing info about golf carts and accidents

11 years and counting............never heard of any such scam.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
268 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disturbing info about golf carts and accidents

A pile of rubbish, gossip that has no truth nor basis, only idle talk for busy-bodies.

Beloeil, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disturbing info about golf carts and accidents

The people on the island are very nice.The police are visible everywhere, during the our trip there ,we seen one accident and it was well taken care of.But if you must know,there is an aboundence of these . The golf carts and scooters are their form of transportation (like cars are ours) so accidents my occure.But I did not see any wrong doing at the time we where there and we walked to the main town everyday.

5. Re: Disturbing info about golf carts and accidents

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about San Andres Island