We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air fare from St Louis

Saint Louis...
4 posts
Save Topic
Air fare from St Louis

We have a group of 12 wanting to go to San Andres in Oct. can't find any good flights what's our best options ?

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air fare from St Louis

Your "best option" for flight options; better/cheaper? Copa flies PTY - ADZ ;CTG - ADZ. IMO you'd get a better package deal flying out of Bogota or perhaps Cartagena; this would also give you something else to see

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
723 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air fare from St Louis

It is never cheap getting to San Andres, unless you book either a Canadian charter or a package (i.e., through Decameron).

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air fare from St Louis

The Canadian packages leave from Montreal;$1800 is neither cheap nor practical, especially for a group out of St Louis. If you want deals - Bogota is probably your best bet.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
723 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air fare from St Louis

Well I don't think I'd recommend travel from St. Louis to San Andres via Montreal, but it is one of two relatively cheap options. Air transat will do a seven night inclusive from Montreal including hotel and meals, for $1069 pp. That's compared to airfare only of $800-1000 from St. Louis to San Andres. So yes, the Canadian charter is relatively cheap.

I agree though that a Colombian package (through Decameron) is probably going to be the best option.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air fare from St Louis

yes & you may have more bargaining power with 12 ppl

Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Air fare from St Louis

I guess you have your plans made but...................

October is the rainiest month with 324mm of rain, (over 12.5 inches,) and mean precipitation days is 23 days out of 31.

Mean temp low is 25C

Mean temp high is 30C

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air fare from St Louis

A couple of years back we were there a couple of weeks before Xmas; the weather was the pits,windy & rain.

Sometimes you roll the dice...

8. Re: Air fare from St Louis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 04:15