We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ecohabs or Playa Koralia

USA
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ecohabs or Playa Koralia

My husband and I are going to Colombia with another couple in Nov and we are looking for some advice. We are spending the first part of the trip with my husband's family in Pereira. Then we are headed for the cost. We really want to go to Parque Tayrona and are looking for more than just a hammock for accomodations. Any suggestions out there for either the Ecohabs or Playa Koralia? Which is better, more fun, interesting.

For anyone who has stayed at Playa Koralia, how close to the park is it? I have having a hard time finding out real location information.

After Tayrona we are headed to Cartagena for a few nights before we fly home. Can we rent a car or do you suggest taking public transportation?

Any info is super helpful!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ecohabs or Playa Koralia

We are going in Jan. I just paid half down for Koralia. I believe it is a 30 minute drive to the park, and the lodging will arrange it and does a few times a day. Have a great time.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ecohabs or Playa Koralia

We are going in Jan. I just paid half down for Koralia. I believe it is a 30 minute drive to the park, and the lodging will arrange it and does a few times a day. Have a great time.

USA
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ecohabs or Playa Koralia

We just put half down on the ecohabs for Nov. Let's report back after our trips. Have a wonderful time!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ecohabs or Playa Koralia

I'd like to hear your take on the eco-habs.

We were faced with the same decision, but we went for the solitude of Koralia over the mod-cons of the eco-habs; and in the end we found the eco-habs more expensive as they don't include meals.

Toronto
Level Contributor
66 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ecohabs or Playa Koralia

Hi, my husband and I are planning a trip similar to your trip to Columbia. We would like to find the best accommodation in Tayrona. Please let me know which you would recommend, Ecohabs or Koralia. Thanks so much! Felicia (aka Muriel)

Toronto
Level Contributor
66 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ecohabs or Playa Koralia

Hi, my husband and I are planning a trip similar to your trip to Columbia. We would like to find the best accommodation in Tayrona. Please let me know which you would recommend, Ecohabs or Koralia. Thanks so much! Felicia (aka Muriel)

Toronto
Level Contributor
66 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ecohabs or Playa Koralia

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ecohabs or Playa Koralia

We had a great time at Koralia - the reviews here are spot on - you either love it or hate it! (notice there are no ambivalent reviews! ahahah)

if you want a plasma TV, white-washed rooms and "modern" type accommodations, choose Eco-habs.

if you want beach tranquility, funky bungalows and an artistic atmosphere choose Koralia.

Either way, Colombia is so much fun!

enjoy!

Toronto
Level Contributor
66 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ecohabs or Playa Koralia

Thank you so much for your quick response. I prefer funky and artistic over white-washed modern, as long as it's clean. Did you find Koralia to be clean? One more question please: How was the food? We're vegetarians, so I don't care if there are good meat selections. Fresh veggis and fruits are important. Thanks so much!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ecohabs or Playa Koralia

Yes it was clean - the only dirt, was the natural variety - Sand, Leaves, etc!! LOL!

We're veggie as well - Koralia always made us a veggie option when the menu included meat. All the food was tasty - and they grow a bunch of it on property. All kinds of fruits. Menu seemed to repeat after about 5-6 days, but it was quite tasty.

s

:)

Edited: 29 January 2010, 21:25