We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel in Rodadero?

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel in Rodadero?

Hi, I am travelling to Bogota, Medellin, and Santa Marta/ Rodadero on 18th - 29th October.

I have all hotels booked except for Rodadero. I was considering the Irotama but have heard mixed reviews.

Can you please provide some advice on the best hotel to stay in?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bogota
Bogota
Colombia
Medellin
Medellin
Antioquia Department, Colombia
Santa Marta
Santa Marta
Santa Marta District, Colombia
Irotama Resort
Irotama Resort
756 Reviews
Santa Marta, Colombia
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
139 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel in Rodadero?

We stayed at the Irotama on our honeymoon and liked it. If you stay there make sure beforehand you know what IS and what is NOT included in the all inclusive. Great beach, great food even if you have to fight off the birds from helping you eat your breakfast. We were there in off season and it was deserted which was nice except a lot of the things weren't open. Our room was modern with a great view of the beach and was brand new. There are 3 towers plus beachfront rooms as well. I wouldn't go back not because it wasn't a nice place but there is nothing to do in Santa Marta unless you are just looking to hang out on the beach and for that its perfect. The Irotama isn't downtown and its beach is very private and about 1KM long. They provide a shuttle if you want to go into the city.

Mentioned in this post
Irotama Resort
Irotama Resort
756 Reviews
Santa Marta, Colombia
Santa Marta
Santa Marta
Santa Marta District, Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,196 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel in Rodadero?

You could also rent an apartment in Rodadero proper i.e. - tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g297484…

There is a good selection of apartments up and down the coast; many Colombians from the interior have apartments in this area, they rent them out when not in use. We have rented a beach side apartment, in a private building next to some apartments owned by the Irotama. The Irotama hotel also has some cabanas near the Iguana pitch & put.

Just my two cents, the Irotama is a little pricey, the beach was better before they started shipping coal from the airport end. It’s a much slower pace, if you are looking for some nightlife, decent restaurants and bars you’ll do better in Rodadero/S Marta. If want a nicer beach, Playa Blanca is a good place to soak up some rays, have some fried fish, patacones and arroz con coco.

We also booked a good tour out of Bogota; they arranged flights, accommodations, some very nice side trips to pristine beaches, a Minca coffee farm and a dip in a brilliiant waterfall pool.

Edited: 09 October 2012, 03:11
Mentioned in this post
Irotama Resort
Irotama Resort
756 Reviews
Santa Marta, Colombia
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
1,598 Reviews
Santa Marta, Colombia
Bogota
Bogota
Colombia
London
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel in Rodadero?

Thanks for your replies. Having read the reviews on trip advisor we decided to book Casa de Isabella Hotel Boutique. Hope it lives up yo its expectations.

Cheers

4. Re: Best hotel in Rodadero?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 19:18