We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cartagena to Tayrona in a day ??? Need advice please !

Which Santa Marta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
67 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Cartagena to Tayrona in a day ??? Need advice please !

Hello ! In reading through the forums I'm still not understanding if it is possible to go from Cartagena to Tayrona in the same day ? We are planning to stay over night in Tayrona in Hammocks. Can we get there in a day, and in time to get a Hammock? Do the hammocks sell out ? We plan to hike in, instead of taking the boat ....reading the boat ride is very rough. Is it better to stay in Santa Marta for a night and then go in to the park in the morning? Really appreciate any suggestions ! Thanks !

Medellin
Level Contributor
3,386 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cartagena to Tayrona in a day ??? Need advice please !

Personally I would stay in Santa Marta a night and then go; but it is still doable in a (long) day trip, leaving Cartagena early. If you took Marsol from Catagena to SM then work on 4 to 4.5 hours; longer if you take a normal bus; then catch the bus from SM to the Park ,1.5 hours or so; and then walk in - bit of a hike but not too hard.

Someone might have an option for a bus that goes straight through from Cartagena to Tayrona. I am not sure what it is, however I think I did read somewhere it has been done.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cartagena to Tayrona in a day ??? Need advice please !

just like to add - I contacted Marsol a while back & they informed me they will do a drop off at P.N Tayrona. Best to contact them - to see if they still offer this service.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cartagena to Tayrona in a day ??? Need advice please !

This Marsol sounds perfect for what I'm lookin for as well. Any idea how to find them/contact them?

Thanks!

Medellin
Level Contributor
3,386 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cartagena to Tayrona in a day ??? Need advice please !

www.transportesmarsol.net/wp/servicios/

5. Re: Cartagena to Tayrona in a day ??? Need advice please !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 07:15