We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upcoming Vist Questions about SM

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
192 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Upcoming Vist Questions about SM

My wife and I will be in Santa Marta for a few days and have more-or-less figured out where the main attractions are. However, I'd love to know where we can find:

1. A really good cup of coffee?

2. A non-touristy restaurant where the seafood is good?

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upcoming Vist Questions about SM

Santa Marta is a tourist zone; so a 'non - touristy restaurant' is a bit of an oxymoron...:) Tough call; perhaps in order:

La Bodeguilla del Rodadero is in Rodadero; definitely worth the taxi ride, if you're staying in el centro.

Rocoto, a classicly Peruvian spin...

Donde Chucho has place near Parque de Novios; also one in Rodadero. Juan Valdez - cafe del parque; cool outdoor patio. There also a little coffee place(name?) across from Catedral Principal de S/Marta; you can see it from the steps.

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g297484-Santa_Mar…

Edited: 30 May 2014, 03:10
Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
35 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upcoming Vist Questions about SM

Hi,

Try ManeCayon on Cr 1A 26-37. Open air, lots of locals, good food. A little difficult for us to find, but it is 2 blocks off the ocean near hotels. Donde Chucho was very good, as was Burukuka, both in Rodadero. Wonderful view of the bay from the latter.

Have fun! Watch your step; the sidewalks are in dreadful condition....

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
35 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upcoming Vist Questions about SM

Subject: Spacious Two-Bedroom Apartment in Santa Marta

Location: Santa Marta, Santa Marta District, Magdalena Department, Colombia, South America

Title: they cancelled 38 hours before we were to arrive

ID#: 208603639

I did not get to actually stay here because at 11:30 pm the Monday before we were to arrive on Wednesday at noon, we were informed that the property was unavailable. We were not told why, but Cesar did apologize. He suggested that the housekeeper might be able to help us find something. I was afraid to wait until the next day, and also did not know if I could rely on her to find us something, so spent quite a while sending emails to other listings on Tripadvisor. I finally found something, but it took until the next afternoon. My money was refunded promptly but there is no compensation for my angst or time lost. The "peace of mind guarantee" does not count in this situation.

I know this was off topic, but there was no other good place to put it. They won't post reviews if you don't stay in a place.

4. Re: Upcoming Vist Questions about SM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 05:16