We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Restaurant of Yesteryear is now closed> Why

Alexandria...
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Favorite Restaurant of Yesteryear is now closed> Why

Did this topic violate some TA rule? I think this would have been a way for folks to stroll down memory lane. Does anyone know why this was closed?

15 replies to this topic
Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Favorite Restaurant of Yesteryear is now closed> Why

I guess it wasn't travel related... none of the places still exist ... but, like you, I enjoyed reading about the places people use to like.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
156 reviews
2. Re: Favorite Restaurant of Yesteryear is now closed> Why

I was wondering that as well. I liked reading what other's fondly remembered. The Vegas forum has posts like this all the time and they are very active.

Point Pleasant...
Level Contributor
845 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: Favorite Restaurant of Yesteryear is now closed> Why

So lets beat them at their own game. What current restaurants remind you of your favorite ones from the old AC and why? I’ll start, Nero’s @ Caesars reminds me of Roberto’s @ Trump Plaza.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
85 reviews
4. Re: Favorite Restaurant of Yesteryear is now closed> Why

It was reported by other unknown board members, the message says trip advisor community which means other over zealous board members and not trip advisor. The OP could go to the help center and ask trip advisor to reopen it.

Alexandria...
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Favorite Restaurant of Yesteryear is now closed> Why

Gary S .... I like your style .... Gordon Ramsey's reminds me nothing that it is nothing like Mia which was on of my favorite restaurants in Ac. Their veal was my go to dish. Also, although Guy's is OK, it is nothing like the Reserve. And who remembers the 20's at the Claridge?

Jersy Nj, I would love to know who the "overzealous" members are. Are we talking censorship here?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,157 posts
374 reviews
6. Re: Favorite Restaurant of Yesteryear is now closed> Why

Great idea Gary S. !

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,157 posts
374 reviews
7. Re: Favorite Restaurant of Yesteryear is now closed> Why

As the original poster of this thread, i too was also baffled, i just thought it would be cool to talk about and remember my old hangouts that are gone.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
85 reviews
8. Re: Favorite Restaurant of Yesteryear is now closed> Why

John give it a try going to the help center. Explain the post could be interesting and encourage travel to Atlantic City.

Alexandria...
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Favorite Restaurant of Yesteryear is now closed> Why

Well, maybe this one won't be closed..... We can only hope .... Anybody else? How about the coffee shop at the Atlantic Club or the Trump? But I really do miss the Preview Bar the most. I hope Lloyd (the bartender) found a good job. He was great.

RI
Level Contributor
505 posts
10. Re: Favorite Restaurant of Yesteryear is now closed> Why

Coffee shop restaurants today unfortunately are not what they used be. My favorite was the Harrah's coffee shop that was located in the area now occupied by M&S and the poker room. This old coffee shop had real cooks who would serve daily specials that were prepared and cooked in-house. Today, most coffee shop food seems to me to be industrial food that the coffee shop people just warm and serve.

Reply to: Favorite Restaurant of Yesteryear is now closed> Why
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City