We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July in Atlantic City area

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cleveland, ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
4th of July in Atlantic City area

My family and I are going to Atlantic City area the lst week of July

What 4th of July celebration would be best?

Smithville

Cape May

Atlantic City

Ocean City, NJ

Thanks

Fireworks, parades, whatever

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th of July in Atlantic City area

I would say Ocean City. We used to go to see the fireworks there all the time when the kids were young. Bring a blanket, beach chairs or towels and go the the high school football field early and grab a spot to see their display, just don't be in a hurry to get out of town. They have events all day if you google ocean city nj fourth of july I'm sure you'll get some good links to their schedule. Good family oriented town, I lived there for about 15 years prior to my current location.

2. Re: 4th of July in Atlantic City area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 February 2016, 18:58
Central NJ
Level Contributor
2,413 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4th of July in Atlantic City area

In 1879, four Methodist ministers arrived on a New Jersey barrier island called Peck's Beach, renamed it Ocean City and set up a Christian retreat. Residents built a boardwalk, prohibited alcohol, forbade bathing on Sundays and eventually began promoting the island as "A Moral Seaside Resort." Despite these restrictions, Ocean City flourished.

The founders' conservative intentions lingered well into the next century. In fact, the Blue Laws that prohibited bathing, shopping, recreation and other acts of "personal comfort" on Sundays weren't repealed until 1987, following a very close vote.

You can't buy booze in Ocean City, but you can play Skee-Ball, eat saltwater taffy and fried foods, ride a boogie board, sunbathe, play miniature golf, watch the sun rise and set, and partake in dozens of other activities.

4. Re: 4th of July in Atlantic City area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 04:20