We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,145 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
weather

It is cussingly beautiful out and I am not leaving til about 10pm, but today in AC [Friday]

Atlantic City — A Memorial Day Parade to honor veterans will be held from noon to 2:30 p.m. on the Boardwalk, starting at New Jersey Avenue and ending at Albany Avenue. The parade will feature veterans, floats and bands.

And I finally found the 'unlocking the ocean' it's Sunday

Atlantic City — The Atlantic City Beach Patrol will host the “Unlocking of the Ocean” ceremony at noon at Beach Patrol headquarters, South Carolina Avenue and the Boardwalk. Mayor Robert Levy, Miss Atlantic City Kristin Gisondi and Beach Patrol Chief Rod Aluise will officially unlock the ocean for the season. Lifeguards will place a wreath in the sea in memory of those who fought and died for freedom.

If anyone is still around Monday [usually a travel day]

Atlantic City — The city will host a musical tribute in honor of our nation's veterans from noon to 8 p.m. at Kennedy Plaza on the Boardwalk.

I'm hoping to make it to the 'unlocking the ocean' anyone else attending?

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

What time do they unlock the beach bars???

Central NJ
Level Contributor
2,413 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

What time to they unlock the bikinis ?

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,807 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

Usually after the last round of drinks.

A lot of slot players go to the beach bars--if they have the right key they get in. Sometime, late at night, they end up at the free parking by the Garden Pier.

Everybody have a Happy Memorial Day. Enjoy & please take a moment to remember what it is we are supposed to be memorializing.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

LuvB and allure... If they are looking for volunteers in either of these endeavors, I think I might know *someone*... <ahem!> lol

easydave... Seriously you are right about today. It seems like the Hallmark holidays and eating holidays (Thanksgiving) get more attention and recoginance than the ones such as Independence Day, Veterans Day and Memorial Day. It is staggering to try to think in relative terms how many people have sacrificed in one way or another for this country, yet most just view the holidays as " a long weekend". I am gulity of that myself, but your point was well taken by me (and hopefully others),

Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday...

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,807 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

Thanks Bud~~Thanks very much. Today does bring back many sad (and ... censored...) memories of my "service" to the U.S. of A. I'm very fortunate to still be (mostly) in one piece so I can enjoy all the fun we have in AC. But as the old songs go: "How many more . . . ." "When will they evvver learn??????"

I agree--I also hope EVERYONE had a safe & happy holiday. Peace, including at the free parking at the Garden Pier just past Showboat.

easy

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather

easydave... Well now that we know that you are one of a select group... "Thank you". To you, as well as any other veterans that post/lurk on these here pages.

I believe allure has served as well; any others on here? Please come forward; you deserve to be recognized.

BTW: I verified just last night that rship's boast of free parking on the Garden Pier is indeed true... LOL

7. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 12:21
Get answers to your questions about Atlantic City
Recent Conversations