We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dennis Tower at Bally's

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
803 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Dennis Tower at Bally's

We're scheduling a last minute trip to AC and picked Bally's due to the good rate (159/109 for Sun/Mon). However, now I've been reading a lot of poor reviews and am getting nervous.

Most of the bad reviews seem to be about the Claridge building which, I understand, is very old. We're in the Dennis building. What can people tell me about this? I don't really care about "old" as long as it is clean and the bed is comfortable.

Thanks for any and all comments to make us feel better about our choice! :-)

-dragon

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
173 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dennis Tower at Bally's

When are you heading there?

I am leaving(in about an hour!) to head down to the night. I will be staying at Bally's (Dennis Tower) for the first time. I will definitely leave my opinions for you tomorrow when i get home!

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
803 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dennis Tower at Bally's

Hi there!

We'll be leaving on Thursday and getting to A/C on Saturday. If you can let me know before then that would be great!

Thanks!

-dragon

ALEXANDRIA
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dennis Tower at Bally's

I think part of the negative reviews on the Claridge and/or Dennis towers is because the Ballys tower is so nice. Everyone wants to stay there and is mad if they get put elsewhere.

Either people have paid an outrageous amount for the room (sometimes over $400 in the summer) or they fancy themselves high rollers and feel they "deserve" to be in the Ballys Tower.

I get rooms in the Ballys tower unless its a holiday weekend. Then I usually get the Dennis. In January I got a remodeled Claridge room and it was just fine.

The Dennis rooms are nice and have a Victorian decor. The ones I've stayed in have had large deep bathtubs. Occasionally I will get one that has slightly "worn" furnishings, but I've never had a dirty room. Of course in a hotel that large sometimes a not perfect room gets handed out. But I've stayed at Ballys at least 20 times (and probably many more). Unless you are very picky or are made that for whatever reason yhou didn't get a Ballys Tower room, I think you'll be fine there.

With it being week nights you should ask at checkin if they have anything avi in the Ballys Tower tho - cause it is really nice.

outside phillly
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dennis Tower at Bally's

If they can't upgrade you to the Bally's tower, next ask for the Garden Tower.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
173 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Dennis Tower at Bally's

I wouldnt even mention where you want an upgrade. I would just ask for an upgrade.

Just got back from a great night in AC where at check in i asked if they had any upgrades available. Keep in mind I have no "status" at the property, gold card that has virtually no points. Anyways, the gentleman at the desk didnt really answer it so then we said thank you anyways. Next thing we know he leaves for a second, comes back with the manger who types in the computer and says we upgraded you to a suite, have a great night. It was a suite in the Dennis Tower, room to the left with a living room, dining area, bathroom, and bar. Room to the right was a large nicely decorated room with a hugge comfortable bed and a great bathroom with a HUGE jacuzzi tub. Needless to say I had a great time, all upgraded for free, just because i asked politely and said my please and thank you's!

From walking down the hall i saw into a few other of the Dennis rooms and they looked nice. I think you are going to be fine in the Tower.

Good luck and have a great trip!

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
45 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dennis Tower at Bally's

As a frequent traveller to AC, particlularly Harrahs properties, I can tell you that the Dennis tower is not as nice as the Ballys tower but FAR nicer than anything in the Claridge. As far as cleanliness, you should be fine. The furnishing might seem a bit dated but overall, you should be happy with the room. There should be a medium size fridge in the room along with typical hotel amenities.

If possible, check out the spa which has a pool and numerous hot tubs surrounding the pool as well as a sun deck, a sauna and an inhalation room. I don't normally pay for the services since I'm a Diamond member but I believe they charge $20 per day for hotel guests (I'd double check).

United States
Level Contributor
18,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dennis Tower at Bally's

I was booked for a Dennis Tower Room last week and when we checked in, they gave us some blah-de-blah excuse and put us into a Claridge Tower Room. I have stayed in the Claridge Tower before, and this was the worst room we have ever had there. Three of the four nights were comped, so I didn't complain and was too tired to after the long drive to AC.

Make sure you have your paperwork with you when you check-in so you can prove you booked and paid for the Dennis Tower. We had our paperwork, so they adjusted the rate down to compensate, but if we had not had it, we would have been put into the Claridge at the Dennis Rate.

Menomonie, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dennis Tower at Bally's

I stayed in the Dennis tower this past weekend - Friday & Saturday ( trip report will get filed shortly). Room 483. Anyway, I thought the room itself was fine - nice big king bed, with a bit of space. Interesting vanity mirror outside the bathroom - it was about 4 inches lower then I would have liked - definately designed for someone to sit at a small chair while doing makeup, etc. The bathroom was also fine - had a big tub that I would have fit in, plus had an extra 2-3 feet after the tub to set things on, etc.

Only issue with the room ( if you care) is the window looked out at the solid wall about 8 feet away. Now, I knew this when I checked in so I didn't care, but you might. When we checked it we were early, we asked for a ocean view - they said they weren't ready yet so we didn't want to wait for a view. I definately agree with what other people have said about comped rooms - if you are staying on a room comp, check in as soon as you can - checkin time for Bally's is officially 4pm, but we were able to check in about 2:45.

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
803 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dennis Tower at Bally's

Thanks for all the posts. I'm sure we'll be fine in the Dennis tower. If they try to put us in the Claridge though I'll yelp! :-)

This trip is for my birthday - maybe that and my puppy dog eyes (and politeness) will get us an upgrade!

Thanks,

dragon

ALEXANDRIA
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dennis Tower at Bally's

I would pull out a $10 bill and wave it seductively while saying, "Are there any upgrades for my friend Mr. Hamilton here?"

I'm kidding, don't do that.

I just don't have anything to do at work today.