We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prime place

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
OC, CA
Level Contributor
103 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
prime place

Am going to AC for our 20th anniversary staying at Bally's. From most all good reviews here looks like we will have our anniv. dinner at Prime Place. A few people have mentioned the salad bar...when I go look at the menu there isn't a salad bar listed?? Also is it closed some nights mid-week? Our anniv. is a wed night.

Also one other question. Are the mid-week hours(mon-thurs) for the Diamond lounges all the same? 2-8pm? kinda lame if that all!!

thanks for the info

trish

ALEXANDRIA
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prime place

The salad bar comes with your meal - which I guess is why it isn't on the menu - you can't order just a salad bar.

I THINK it's open every night, but you might want to call to double check.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
577 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: prime place

You will love Prime Place -- enjoy. We go there often. I know the menu on the website is inaccurate. They have a great salad bar with lots of fixins. Help yourself as much as you want.

Last time we were there was a couple of weeks ago on a Wednesday night. I know they're not open Mondays and Tuesdays. Not sure of the other days. You will have to make a reservation ahead of time so ask them when you call which nights they are open. The alternate nights the Twenties Steakhouse in Claridge is open and it is very good, too. Personally, I just like Prime Place.

Another word of caution -- the sides are ala carte and they are huge! Split them. The baked potato alone can literally feed 3 people. The only thing I've ever had there that I wasn't 100% thrilled with was the french onion soup -- I like it a little more beef brothy and not onion brothy -- personal taste.

Our last time there in August was 6 people -- no appetizers, no alcohol, split some sides, complimentary dessert. Bill was $280. It was comped so I didn't care, but it can get expensive there if you have all the courses and some alcoholic drinks or wine.

If you are going to be at Ballys on a Sunday, try their Sunday Brunch. It is absolutely to die for! $31 per person and need reservations.

Maryland
Level Contributor
234 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prime place

I agree with Slotnanny's review! We love it there. Service is excellent. The ice cream is made right there and the perfect end to a wonderful dinner. Split it though because you will be very full.

OC, CA
Level Contributor
103 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prime place

thanks for your input all! sounds like a good place...think I better get on calling and getting a reservation (although on a wed night mid sept I'm not toooo worried!)

thank

trish

5. Re: prime place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 16:19