We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Making a reservation at Bally's

myrtle beach, sc
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Making a reservation at Bally's

My husband, son and I will be staying at Bally's Tower Premium (3 comped nights) from Dec 14th through 17th. I already have my confirmed reservation, but I would like to make a second reservation for my daughter and son-in-law. They live in PA, and I thought it would be nice to get together for the holidays since we only see them once a year. I have emailed Harrah's Customer Service to tell them that I will be making the reservation in my son-in-laws name, but I will be paying with my credit card. I also wanted to know if there would be any problems for them at check-in because of it being paid for with my credit card. Both times they have emailed me back promptly that if I call the reservations desk at Bally's to make the reservation there won't any problem with using my credit card for payment, but both times they have told me that I need to be there when they check-in. I have explained that they have a 6 hr. drive, and weather in December is definately going to play a factor in their arrival; we will be flying in to AC airport and I can't even guarantee that our flight will be on time. Has any one ever booked a second reservation that can give me some advise on how to make these people understand that I may not be there when they check-in? I don't want their first visit to AC spent to be remembered as "the time they spent 6 hrs. driving in a snowstorm and then standing for hrs in the lobby waiting for Mom to get there!" Thank you for any suggestions.

Atlantic City
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Making a reservation at Bally's

I'm assuming you are paying for your daughters/son-in-law's room and that the room will not be comped.

Have your daughter/son-in-law reserve the room in their name using one of their credit cards. (Use a credit card, as I believe the charge is automatically deducted with a debit card). When they arrive, they can check-in under their name and credit card (they will not charge the card, only authorize). At check-out, you can go to the counter with them and give them your credit card, and then all expenses will then be charged to your card.

I do something similar to this all the time. I use my credit card at check-in, but will go to the lobby at checkout and use my debit card or cash to pay room taxes and any meals I charged back to the room.

outside phillly
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Making a reservation at Bally's

I hope you have a good trip and it all goes to plan.

That said, be prepared to not being able to get a Tower Room upon check-in. Should this happen, next ask for the Garden Tower, then for a newly-renovated room in either the Dennis or Claridge towers.

Again, best of luck and post a TR when you get back!

conn
Level Contributor
2,886 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Making a reservation at Bally's

an easer way to do what you want to do would be to use you credit card to buy a Harrah's gift card. give your son the gift card and have them make resservation with there owen credit card then use the gift card to pay for the room.

4. Re: Making a reservation at Bally's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 19:19